Schedule

Eight games, plus the championship, and the +1 game for everyone else.

That means we're playing our division:

Iowa

Purdue

Northwestern

Illinois

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Plus we'll have two divisional crossover games. Our original crossovers were Rutgers, Penn State & Ohio State. You should bet the farm that they'll drop Rutgers from our schedule and we'll play PSU & OSU. As bad as we've been, that'll give those teams an opportunity at a win, and it'll be good for TV ratings. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Iowa

Purdue

Northwestern

Illinois

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Plus we'll have two divisional crossover games. Our original crossovers were Rutgers, Penn State & Ohio State. You should bet the farm that they'll drop Rutgers from our schedule and we'll play PSU & OSU. As bad as we've been, that'll give those teams an opportunity at a win, and it'll be good for TV ratings. 

Amen

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Iowa

Purdue

Northwestern

Illinois

Minnesota

Wisconsin

200.gif

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Iowa

Purdue

Northwestern

Illinois

Minnesota

Wisconsin

This makes the most sense. But, and I am trying to find it, I heard (read) the +1 east/west game takes the place of an out and out Conference Championship game :dunno

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

This makes the most sense. But, and I am trying to find it, I heard (read) the +1 east/west game takes the place of an out and out Conference Championship game :dunno

Alvarez said that all teams will be playing on Conference Championship weekend.  Each team will play a cross-divisional opponent based on divisional ranking (1st vs 1st, 2nd vs. 2nd, etc.) but there won't be rematches in that final weekend.  That will force some shuffling of games so it's not strictly ranking based.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Alvarez said that all teams will be playing on Conference Championship weekend.  Each team will play a cross-divisional opponent based on divisional ranking (1st vs 1st, 2nd vs. 2nd, etc.) but there won't be rematches in that final weekend.  That will force some shuffling of games so it's not strictly ranking based.

Thanks!

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I like that idea.  Good on them. 

• Plus1 2

Well I hope our team will be hyped up wt what they have seen in Scott's commitment to them that they will run through a wall for him and Nebraska.  Wouldn't it be a nice 'revenge' on the Big 10 for Nebraska to upset an undefeated OSU team.   The B1G wants to get their team in the playoff and we could be a spoiler.    Even better would be an undefeated NU team defeating an undefeated OSU team.   One can dream.

• Plus1 1

I've felt strongly that Frost's effort to turn things around consists of a four year rebuild. I believe things start looking like "good football" starting next season at the start of year four.

So with that said, I don't really mind if Rutgers gets swapped for a tougher team. Get the young guys in there and get them experience and let's keep moving forward.

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

So does Iowa go back to Thanksgiving now??

I think originally this was year 1 (of 2) where Nebraska was supposed to end the season with Minnesota (before the first COVID schedule was released).  I think now since the "end of season" is Dec 12 (before the +1 on Dec 19) we could get Iowa on Thansgiving.  It will be interesting - will they put the cross over games at the end to try and make sure they get all the division games in first?