Schedule

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

So going by the original 2020 schedule AND 4 home and 4 away, it does make sense to me that Rutgers or OSU would be taken off the plate, since one of them is the extra away game. Its better TV for NU to play OSU. This is my prediction. 

Purdue

@NW

Illinois

@OSU

PSU

@Iowa

@Wiscy

Minny

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
15 minutes ago, nic said:

So going by the original 2020 schedule AND 4 home and 4 away, it does make sense to me that Rutgers or OSU would be taken off the plate, since one of them is the extra away game. Its better TV for NU to play OSU. This is my prediction. 

Purdue

@NW

Illinois

@OSU

PSU

@Iowa

@Wiscy

Minny

That's exactly what I think they'll do.

17 minutes ago, nic said:

Purdue

@NW

Illinois

@OSU

PSU

@Iowa

@Wiscy

Minny

4-4 minimum with the bonus game at the end which will match us against one of the lower teams in the east. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why wouldn't the Big Ten/NU be eligible for the playoff?  The schedule laid out today was to ensure Big Ten teams would be considered for the playoff.

Really just an extreme hypothetical based on the kind of luck our football team seems to have.  But what if the B1G only plays like 5-6 games?  Not like there's a chance for makeup games.

7 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Really just an extreme hypothetical based on the kind of luck our football team seems to have.  But what if the B1G only plays like 5-6 games?  Not like there's a chance for makeup games.

Ok, that makes sense then.  I agree that the Big Ten didn't leave any margin of error for their teams.  If the top teams are only able to get 5 or 6 games in, it will be difficult to compare them to other teams who have played 9 or 10 games.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ok, that makes sense then.  I agree that the Big Ten didn't leave any margin of error for their teams.  If the top teams are only able to get 5 or 6 games in, it will be difficult to compare them to other teams who have played 9 or 10 games.

I kinda get the feeling that nobody is going to play their full schedule in any of the conferences

• Plus1 1