Schedule

4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

We do this every year...but here’s the facts.

Always a game with Northwestern.  Wisconsin and Iowa own us in our recent history.  Possibility of dropping a game we shouldn’t is always likely.  I can’t stand the bald guy in Minnesota, but he should get credit.

i hope you’re right, but it’s time to get something accomplished on the field.

On a positive note, yes Iowa has owned us; but for two consecutive years they have had the far better team personnel wise, and yet it came down to a end of game field goal. I understand we still need to get it done on the field, but at SOME point, the breaks will even out....

Gotta be time now.

• Plus1 4

48 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

We do this every year...but here’s the facts.

Always a game with Northwestern.  Wisconsin and Iowa own us in our recent history.  Possibility of dropping a game we shouldn’t is always likely.  I can’t stand the bald guy in Minnesota, but he should get credit.

i hope you’re right, but it’s time to get something accomplished on the field.

we are also going to get one, possibly two games, called for Covid.  I think some of the B1G leaders (losers) want this.

I believe Moos said 4 home and 4 away.  The 9th game likely ends up being one of Mich State (away) or Ind or Ruthers or Maryland Home or away hard to say.  This assumes that NU finishes about 4th in the west behind Wiscy, IA, MN and OSU, PSU and MI are tope three in the east.  Just my guess.  Mich state in mid Dec will be a snow bowl freezer.   Probably several frost biters frankly. 

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I believe Moos said 4 home and 4 away.  The 9th game likely ends up being one of Mich State (away) or Ind or Ruthers or Maryland Home or away hard to say.  This assumes that NU finishes about 4th in the west behind Wiscy, IA, MN and OSU, PSU and MI are tope three in the east.  Just my guess.  Mich state in mid Dec will be a snow bowl freezer.   Probably several frost biters frankly. 

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

MSU finishes 5th...just ahead of Rutgers....maybe. 

On 9/16/2020 at 1:40 PM, nic said:

So going by the original 2020 schedule AND 4 home and 4 away, it does make sense to me that Rutgers or OSU would be taken off the plate, since one of them is the extra away game. Its better TV for NU to play OSU. This is my prediction. 

Purdue

@NW

Illinois

@OSU

PSU

@Iowa

@Wiscy

Minny

A few thoughts.  Not being able to see the Huskers when they're basically playing in my back yard is gonna hurt and feel strange.  I don't want to face that Ohio State team on the road.  AT Iowa and Wiscy as well.  After all of that my biggest thought is really hope our defense can come around ie show better this year.  So glad we can finally play regardless.  

Just now, krc1995 said:

Is there a chance that as the Covid numbers  decrease ( hopefully) that fans will be allowed back in at least by the end of the season? 

That's a possibility.  But Moos basically said most places didn't want to have fans so even though Nebraska did they didn't want to upset the apple cart and mess the whole thing up.  So they didn't push it.

I wonder if they think some places having fans and others not would be an advantage so they're kind of going everyone or no one.

Several posts have been moved out of here and into the general Tangent Thread in the Woodshed.

This thread is about schedules. We don't need to rehash certain COVID debates over and over in different football forum threads, but if you would like to, there are more appropriate places including the COVID thread in the Big Red Lounge or this more politically themed variant in the P&R forum.

Please stay on topic or take your post to a more appropriate thread and tag the person you're responding to.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Is there a chance that as the Covid numbers  decrease ( hopefully) that fans will be allowed back in at least by the end of the season? 

I can't find it now, but I thought I read something yesterday where another AD sort of left the door open to it down the road depending on local conditions. It might have been Iowa's, but I can't seem to find the article or tweet I read.

Oh, now it's NEXT week. Shucks, this breaks the Warren Commission's almost perfect record of timeliness, professional courtesies, punctuality and transparency.

And, allows chief schedule maker Barry Alvarez  to maintain the 12 hours of practice in place rather than 20 to allow Wisky and Minny to catch up. But maybe I'm just getting jaded.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1