Schedule

37 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You dont get better getting whalloped 56-7.

Nebraska isn't in the same stratosphere as Ohio State, I'd much rather get better by playing teams like Indiana or Michigan State.

I am soo over this mentality. If you want respect, then go effin earn it. If you can't do that, you don't deserve it. How much of an easier schedule do you want? We play in the fricken B1G West division. So big deal, we got the toughest possible schedule we could've this season. I say good, bring it. We'll either turn the corner or it will just be another of 20 years where we piss and moan again.

This season already has a big ole asterisk on it no matter what happens. We win em all and Covid is to blame. We lose em all and it's just that we still suck. Nothing to lose and everything to gain, with the best possible matchups for us fans to watch along the way. Finishing 2nd or 3rd or 4th in the B1G doesn't mean jack sh#t this year. Win some games of substance or shut up.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

11:00a CT
Husker Reg Season Wins - 8 games only - Must play all 8 game schedule released on 9-19 - 9th game does not count

Nebraska

o3½ (-130)

Regular Season Wins

u3½ (+100)

Saturday Oct 24 - Nebraska Future Games
Nebraska @ Ohio State - Game must be played at same location and played in 2020 for action

Nebraska

+24½ (-115)

Ohio St

-24½ (-115)

Wisconsin @ Nebraska - Game must be played at same location and played in 2020 for action

Wisconsin

-11½ (-115)

Nebraska

+11½ (-115)

Nebraska @ Northwestern - Game must be played at same location and played in 2020 for action

Nebraska

-7½ (-115)

Northwestern

+7½ (-115)

Penn State @ Nebraska - Game must be played at same location and played in 2020 for action

Penn St

-17 (-115)

Nebraska

+17 (-115)

Illinois @ Nebraska - Game must be played at same location and played in 2020 for action

Illinois

+10½ (-115)

Nebraska

-10½ (-115)

Nebraska @ Iowa - Game must be played at same location and played in 2020 for action

Nebraska

+6½ (-115)

Iowa

-6½ (-115)

Nebraska @ Purdue - Game must be played at same location and played in 2020 for action

Nebraska

-2½ (-115)

Purdue

+2½ (-115)

Minnesota @ Nebraska - Game must be played at same location and played in 2020 for action

Minnesota

-3 (-115)

Nebraska

+3 (-115)

I know the format is annoying but there are the lines

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I am soo over this mentality. If you want respect, then go effin earn it. If you can't do that, you don't deserve it. How much of an easier schedule do you want? We play in the fricken B1G West division. So big deal, we got the toughest possible schedule we could've this season. I say good, bring it. We'll either turn the corner or it will just be another of 20 years where we piss and moan again.

This season already has a big ole asterisk on it no matter what happens. We win em all and Covid is to blame. We lose em all and it's just that we still suck. Nothing to lose and everything to gain, with the best possible matchups for us fans to watch along the way. Finishing 2nd or 3rd or 4th in the B1G doesn't mean jack sh#t this year. Win some games of substance or shut up.

Look, Nebraska will only improve by playing teams similar to them and by recruiting better. Building this takes baby steps.

I get the mentality of wanting to see where we are, but Ohio State is a team stocked full of NFL talent at nearly every position. Over our last several meetings, forcing Ohio State to even punt was a challenge. There is no growth to be had getting obliterated, they are out of our league. 

Every fan, coach, and player knows how this is going to shake out. You don't have to be a football genius to predict what happens when a team full of NFL talent plays a team without it.

54 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Absolutely love this schedule and you know whom else loves this schedule? Frost!!

Got a quote for all you cry babies out there, "if you can't party with the big DAWGS, get off the porch". Moving up baby and I'm lovin the fear it's creating!!

Husker!

Power!

Husker!

Power!

:power

Yep. I was a little struck seeing the schedule but then was like OK bring it.  This is a weird season.  Let’s see what we can do.  Make some noise.  The opportunities to upset some programs ahead of us is ripe for the taking!   #DayByDay

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Look, Nebraska will only improve by playing teams similar to them and by recruiting better. Building this takes baby steps.

I get the mentality of wanting to see where we are, but Ohio State is a team stocked full of NFL talent at nearly every position. Over our last several meetings, forcing Ohio State to even punt was a challenge. There is no growth to be had getting obliterated, they are out of our league. 

Every fan, coach, and player knows how this is going to shake out. You don't have to be a football genius to predict what happens when a team full of NFL talent plays a team without it.

I tend to lean this way.  We need wind to build confidence. 

I also think that the best chance to bear OSU is having them in the first game. There is always that little chance that they show up unmotivated and we do.  

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I tend to lean this way.  We need wind to build confidence. 

I also think that the best chance to bear OSU is having them in the first game. There is always that little chance that they show up unmotivated and we do.  

Yeah, agreed!

I suppose you could argue that NU is in a decent position for this game because there can be a few positives.

Obviously they win and it is a huge positive.

Also, they could lose close, 35-34 or something, that is a big positive

Or they could hold OSU to say, 17 points, that is a positive.

The only real negative is some 42-10 a$$ kicking.

• Thanks 1

People are weird. When it’s us we worry about being rusty in game 1 and getting upset by some pansy*. When it’s OSU they are some invincible NFL team we have a less than zero % chance of beating and there is no possible way they could be rusty. 

*And I’m talking way back - obviously now that we’re a 4-8 team it’s a legitimate concern since we also suck, but we’ve always been like this. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, agreed!

I suppose you could argue that NU is in a decent position for this game because there can be a few positives.

Obviously they win and it is a huge positive.

Also, they could lose close, 35-34 or something, that is a big positive

Or they could hold OSU to say, 17 points, that is a positive.

The only real negative is some 42-10 a$$ kicking.

You think we can hold them to 42-10? Sunshine pumper alert!

I really don't think there's anything to lose because if they win they're supposed to but I still see that as a beat down.  They'll be out for blood trying to state their case for the playoff with less games played.

2-2 out of that first four would be a huge step forward, 1-3 will be expected by everyone and NW always plays tough.  Just don't start 0-4 is my motto.

• Haha 1