Schedule

10 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

So if you think NU is going 1-7 or 2-6 or worse are you just assuming they have r improved at all in the off season? I mean there is a chance this team has gotten bigger, faster, stronger and more experienced and they can be more competitive than last year. 

Sure, there is a chance they have improved, but same goes for the competition.  I am assuming the team is in disarray as in the past 4-5 seasons, and more.  They need to prove otherwise in my book.  For now, I have 2-3 wins as likely, 4 on the far extreme of potential.  Any more and they overachieved.  The question becomes why?  Was it improvement or something else (prevailing conditions)?  I will wait and see and the next month of waiting is gonna suck!  I'm ready

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

This schedule isn't punishment for anything. It's the same schedule, minus Rutgers, that we had before lawsuits and Frost saying we'd explore all options.

Instead of having it back-loaded to finish with a bunch of tough games, they front-loaded it. Why? Likely to have as much of a chance to have top teams play early as possible, to get as much TV revenue as possible.

So now, if we can pull out a win against Wisconsin or Penn State, and just play like we should against Northwestern, we have a solid shot at coming out of the first half 2-2. And from there, we could win any of our games against Minnesota, Iowa, Purdue and Illinois.

6-2 is unlikely, but possible.

5-3 is very possible.

4-4 is pretty likely, and would be fine against this schedule.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2

Why do I have the feeling that the BIG 10 is hell bent on making us leave the conference? I am sorry, but this schedule and the way they front-loaded it is meant to break our spirit. I hope that this year would be different than previous years but I would be happy if we end with a 4-4 record and go to a bowl. I would consider that a step in the right direction. Realistically, we will end with a 3-5 or a 2-6 record. Frost has his work cut out for him. I do not envy him...I bet he would like to go back in time and take some of his comments back.

• Haha 1

Soooooo tired of any narrative that we get "punished" with tough schedule(s)...people who push this are likely people who get home from the drive thru and are pissed cause their fries are not piping hot so get on YELP to display the "obvious" disrespect thie establishment had towards them

I mean for f sakes, in a season full of uncertainty wouldn't you want to play your marquee opponents as soon as possible 

• Plus1 6
6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Doesn't Ohio State often look kind of pedestrian early in the season?  I don't expect a W, but I also don't necessarily expect an a$$ whoopin'.  

I'm moreso looking forward to getting the Wisconsin money off our backs.

6 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

This. If there’s any time we want tOSU, it’s at the beginning of the season. Wisky too. 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Great point with Wisconsin too.

If memory serves, tOSU always seems to start slow in the first half of their first game. It’s usually somebody like Miami OH or Bowling Green, and then they come around in the 2nd half...vs a Miami OH or BG. I’ll take that opportunity over getting them in mid season form. And it seems Wiscy is always a sh#tshow their first 2 games. I like our schedule. Check with me on November 14th to see if I still like it :lol:

• Plus1 1

Just out of pure curiosity...what evidence do we have that our Huskers will be competitive this year? Seriously, it looks like we lost several playmakers and we are depending on new talent. I also do not know how much Real practice we actually got. Of course this goes for all other teams as well. So, I guess, all we can do is wait and see what we do in our first game. It is going to be watched by many...I hope we come out on fire and take the fight to them...can’t wait...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Just out of pure curiosity...what evidence do we have that our Huskers will be competitive this year? Seriously, it looks like we lost several playmakers and we are depending on new talent. I also do not know how much Real practice we actually got. Of course this goes for all other teams as well. So, I guess, all we can do is wait and see what we do in our first game. It is going to be watched by many...I hope we come out on fire and take the fight to them...can’t wait...

We are doing squats right...and, cause we want to!!!! ADVANCE OVERSIZED PRIMARY COLOR!!!!!!!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2