Schedule

Everybody keeps missing the point:

You join a conference to benefit yourself, not everybody else.  There was no good reason ever expressed that I read as to why the Big Ten said NO to NU going on its own when the first cancel vote was taken with no plans otherwise and after the Big Ten summarily cancelled our non-con games.  

That punished NU for being a member while doing nothing to benefit the parnership / conference.   Why?

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

You join a conference to benefit yourself, not everybody else.  There was no good reason ever expressed that I read as to why the Big Ten said NO to NU going on its own when the first cancel vote was taken with no plans otherwise and after the Big Ten summarily cancelled our non-con games.  

That punished NU for being a member while doing nothing to benefit the parnership / conference.   Why?

Well....sorry you don't understand that.

• Plus1 2
Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

NU joined the Big Ten to benefit themselves.  There was uncertainty at the Big 12 at the time, and the Big Ten has brought in substantially more revenue to the athletic department, while also bringing in more academic and research prestige & money.

The conference members made the decision to make the schedule only conference games, and then there was the initial suspension of the season in the fall.  When NU and Ohio State expressed interest to play their own games, that led to the re-review of the season from the conference.

• Plus1 1

Here's another point about having OSU as the first game.

It should be easy for Frost to motivate his team.

I will guarantee you he's telling the team, "we have a chance to knock off a top 3 team first week.  But, the only way to do that is if everyone comes every day and works their asses off every single minute leading up to the season.

There shouldn't be anyone in the entire program slacking with lack fo motivation over the next 4 weeks.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Mavric said:

BREAKING: When you're one of the lesser teams in the conference, more games on your schedule will be "tougher".

SOLUTION: Be one of the better teams in your conference.

Bingo everyone.  Most are a big apprehensive of this game because....we're not as good as they are. I'm tired of the beat downs but will root for the team just the same. I have been holding onto hope for years that Nebraska could get "back" and compete for a national championship again but that's unrealistic.  Getting back to winning and being competitive in every game is the new standard, like it or not.

• Plus1 2