Schedule

3 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

Not to derail the post, but why did McCaffrey leave exactly?  

I don't know if it's "official" official but all reports seem to indicate that he isn't the starter and I think he's on the latter side of his remaining eligibility. Might only have a season or two left to play tops.

26 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

Not to derail the post, but why did McCaffrey leave exactly?  

I do not know. Rumor is he got beat out as the starter. I think that is wishful thinking. He has two years left and this year is free. I would have stayed as a backup. He graduates after this year.

Well,  all you Big Ten booster clubbers can believe as you wish.  But there is no way the Big Ten acted to minimize economic losses to the conference or any of its members infividually while providing virus protections for athletes in its charge.  Having fans in stadiums poses no significant risk to the players or coaches etv who can easily be separated from each other.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Well,  all you Big Ten booster clubbers can believe as you wish.  But there is no way the Big Ten acted to minimize economic losses to the conference or any of its members infividually while providing virus protections for athletes in its charge.  Having fans in stadiums poses no significant risk to the players or coaches etv who can easily be separated from each other.  

LOL....you think no fans in the stands were to protect the players. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

OMG.  Is this a troll account?  Parody?  You cannot be serious with this?  The COP/C actually bears responsibility to protect the ENTIRE university community because the University really is bigger than just the football team.  They are concerned with the students, faculty, staff, administrators, employees, the entire community!  Have you happened to notice that some NFL teams are playing with limited fans in attendance and others are playing to an empty stadium?  Do you have the faintest idea why that is?  These decisions had to be among the most difficult the COP/C ever made because of the impact, the far-reaching impact (and I am not referring only to the financial ramifications) to the university community and local businesses.  The student experience, athlete development, local restaurants/bars...the impact has yet to be fully realized, BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT SAFE.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 4
16 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Having no fans in the stands has nothing to do with players or coaches safety.  That decision was made to appease the University presidents who were looking to limit the liability of having games.  I agree with Moos in that should have been left up to the individual cities/states/universities, but getting that TV money is more important than having 25-50% capacity in the stadium.

• Plus1 2
55 minutes ago, nic said:

I do not know. Rumor is he got beat out as the starter. I think that is wishful thinking. He has two years left and this year is free. I would have stayed as a backup. He graduates after this year.

I teach with an ex-Michigan player.  He said that was the case.  Sounds like Harbaugh has known for a while he was leaving.

Did I jinx it by asking about THAT other thread? :facepalm: Football folks...schedule is the topic of discussion. If it makes anyone feel better, Michigan fans are b!^@hing about having to play Minny and Wiscy for crossovers. I think they dropped PurDon’t and kept Minny. Only makes sense. That’s an old rivalry that actually has a good story behind the trophy.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I would feel good about 5 wins for Nebraska as well.  The head scratcher to me is Indiana with 5.5.  Their crossovers are Wisconsin and Purdue.  Then they play the east.  

Think the East gets too much credit.  They are top heavy with PSU and OSU after that every game could be a win.  The West has shown that they are not ready to win the title however when you look at the total of all teams on each side it has been pretty even the past couple of years and will be again this year.

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It's been interesting that everybody arguing your point gives an example of any revenue stream and considers that ample explanation.  I guess the the words minimize and losses are hard to comprehend.

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

OMG.  Is this a troll account?  Parody?  You cannot be serious with this?  The COP/C actually bears responsibility to protect the ENTIRE university community because the University really is bigger than just the football team.  They are concerned with the students, faculty, staff, administrators, employees, the entire community!  Have you happened to notice that some NFL teams are playing with limited fans in attendance and others are playing to an empty stadium?  Do you have the faintest idea why that is?  These decisions had to be among the most difficult the COP/C ever made because of the impact, the far-reaching impact (and I am not referring only to the financial ramifications) to the university community and local businesses.  The student experience, athlete development, local restaurants/bars...the impact has yet to be fully realized, BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT SAFE.

Very interesting question - i have thought of asking the same question to a certain poster

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Wisconsin played Ohio St 3x in the title game and was also in their division for 3 years...either way I don't see that as a major difference than what we have. This still has NOTHING with us playing Ohio St....we were already going to in 2020. It's the fact we were the most vocal team and the B10 on purpose put us week 1 @ Ohio St. It's just a petty move. Deal with it and come out swinging Oct 24th 

Wisconsin also won the Leaders Division twice in those three years.  I feel like maybe they played the schedule in front of them.  One of those years, they knocked us silly hanging 70 points on us.  

NEB 36 - OSU 31

NEB 42 - Wisc 21

NEB 38 - NW 13

NEB 24 - PSU 21

NEB 49 - Ill 17

NEB W - Iowa forfeit - blames COVID (but too scared to play.

NEB 54 - PUR 14

NEB 63 - Minn 28

NEB 45 - OSU 42

Playoffs

NEB disqualified because Kevin wouldn’t sign our permission slip.

Kool-Aid is on every menu in this household. You all need to hydrate.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1