Schedule

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

My thoughts exactly. 

While I appreciate the "don't be scared, play the best to be the best" mentality, even our Athletic Director spent yesterday complaining and whining. 

He knows that halfway through the 2nd quarter of game 1, Nebraska is likely to be grounded into pulp by a far more talented and superior team. 

Nebraska is going to bear the brunt of many jokes at halftime, and it will continue through the first 4 weeks of the season.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

While I appreciate the "don't be scared, play the best to be the best" mentality, even our Athletic Director spent yesterday complaining and whining. 

He knows that halfway through the 2nd quarter of game 1, Nebraska is likely to be grounded into pulp by a far more talented and superior team. 

Nebraska is going to bear the brunt of many jokes at halftime, and it will continue through the first 4 weeks of the season.

If I were you I'd probably avoid watching the Huskers play this season. You won't be happy either way. If we do good, it means you were wrong so you'll be sad. If we do poorly, you were right and therefore we suck and you'll be sad. You are in a no win situation my friend. Time to find a hobby.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve grown to love this schedule. It’s always been a frustration of mind that we always start the season with 4 games that give us no clue how good we are.  

This year, every week is a big game.  Especially at the start. 

I agree. How many times have we been faced with a schedule that is back loaded only to lull us into distorted expectations. I look forward to facing these "better" teams early for a change. I'll take tOSU before they're running like a well oiled machine any time.

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree. How many times have we been faced with a schedule that is back loaded only to lull us into distorted expectations. I look forward to facing these "better" teams early for a change. I'll take tOSU before they're running like a well oiled machine any time.

Yes plus another advantage to this schedule is the 2nd half of season if your winning you have something to sell recruits. Look we are trending up type of narrative 

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It the schedule something we can change? 

if not, why spend the energy?  Or should we we sue again? 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

The negativity of this fan base is just saggering.  Did the Big load up the schedule for us, probably but nothing you can do about it but play the game.  This is a unprecedented year so all we can do is just play the game.  Nothing is going to be a given, hell osu could come down with covid by then, then what.  All we can do is attempt to play the game this year.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

The negativity of this fan base is just saggering.  Did the Big load up the schedule for us, probably but nothing you can do about it but play the game.  This is a unprecedented year so all we can do is just play the game.  Nothing is going to be a given, hell osu could come down with covid by then, then what.  All we can do is attempt to play the game this year.

I agree, I didn't like it at first.  But you are right.  We have become fragile as a fan base.  We want "get back" to where we were?  Let's start it with a big fat upset first game.  Next kick the badgers butt and send them back to the 80's.  Treat Iowa like Iowa like the historic mediocre team that it is.  Sink Minny's boat.  Penn State has been due a butt kicking since the "catch" that was made 3 yards out of bounce.  How about we put our big boy pants on and strap it up and start acting like the the best fan base in the country!

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I agree, I didn't like it at first.  But you are right.  We have become fragile as a fan base.  We want "get back" to where we were?  Let's start it with a big fat upset first game.  Next kick the badgers butt and send them back to the 80's.  Treat Iowa like Iowa like the historic mediocre team that it is.  Sink Minny's boat.  Penn State has been due a butt kicking since the "catch" that was made 3 yards out of bounce.  How about we put our big boy pants on and strap it up and start acting like the the best fan base in the country!

Hey u got me pumped up. Now we just need frost to get the team built back up so they can do those things. I long for the day thinking like that is actually realistic again. So that way other programs actually fear and respect us instead of looking at us like the 40 year old fat drunk guy talking about his high school glory days 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

My thoughts too...I wanna know if I am eating a s#!t sandwich on the first bite, dont coat it with sauce and make me think for a bit "cant tell if meat is old or just aged cause of sauce"...atleast if I know its s#!t, i can be happy about the salad coming up