Campus Parking Patrol is a plague on our house

knapplc

While moving into the dorms at Oregon State, many freshmen like myself parked on the street right next to the building.  We found out later that this area was typically a no parking zone, but there weren't any signs and we were all new to campus.  While parked and moving our stuff in, a couple of maintenance guys were putting up no parking signs.  Right behind them was a member of campus security writing parking tickets.  A number of students, including myself, got tickets.  A bunch of us got together and went down to the administration building and complained about what had happened.  Admin. dropped the tickets, but I still remember thinking that was a pretty crappy thing for campus security to do.  

1 hour ago, RedSavage said:

That's the lot immediately north of the stadium.  I'm not sure what it is during the week but on gamedays you have to have a parking pass to park there (ticket holder parking).  Have tailgated there many a Saturday.

You technically need to have some sort of pass to park there, regardless. If memory serves, there are signs at each entrance to every campus lot identifying what type of parking pass you need to park there.

I'm guessing this ends up becoming a non-issue and their tickets won't be enforced, but it does make me wonder where they normally park. Tons of the players live off campus so they must have some sort of designated parking area at or near the stadium...?

55 minutes ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Campus Police 

Police GIFs | Tenor

In all truth, when I went to school at UNO, you'd have someone who parked badly, then if you had to park a hair over the line, you got a ticket.  I had to debate them more than once, I don't think I ever paid. 

I specifically ran for student government at UNO and was on the traffic appeals department largely to overturn parking tickets for myself, friends and the occasional cute girl I was trying to impress.  There were limits to my power though..for example I couldn't help my buddy who found out the chancellor was on vacation and parked in his spot every day for 2 weeks.  I wasn't quite sure how he avoided getting a boot on his car but that was several years ago so who knows haha.