Elite 8 (er..9): Favorite Musical Artist Tourney

Ulty

Elite 9: Favorite Musical Artist  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The hardest choice for me is Queen vs Rush. They are both two of my faves. I'll give the edge to Queen right now, probably based on the strength of the movie last year (or 2 years ago?). After that came out, my wife started playing Queen nonstop at our house for weeks, and now my young kids picked up on it and turned into classic rock fans because of it.

When my daughter was a baby and up crying in the middle of the night, it turned out that this Rush video would always calm her for some reason. Great song. 

Yeah, Queen-Rush is almost impossible to choose. I settled on Queen mostly for nostalgic reasons. I listened to them a lot as their stuff originally came out but didn’t really become a Rush fan until a later time (except for the Moving Pictures album, that has been a fave since the day it was released).

Pink Floyd v Beatles is also sort of tough because of the Beatles cultural significance but no way I’m picking that over The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon. Went to a Laser Floyd show at the planetarium in Merrill (Elephant) Hall when I was a student in the early 80’s. I was soooo stoned, it was cool :lol:

Prince vs U2 was also not a slam dunk (went with U2) but either one will be gone next round anyway so I didn’t stress on it.