50 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

In the last three years we have gone:

0-3 against Ohio St

0-3 against Wisconsin

1-2 against Northwestern

0-1 against Penn St

Real chance we start the year 0-4

:( :( :( :( 

We could compete in the AAC I bet.  In the B1G, we have to play a B1G schedule.  We start 0-4 unless we catch all the breaks and face opponents with a Covid-based advantage.  I expect 2 wins the rest of the way, maybe 3.  Another 5th place West Division season, assuming we make it through a season.  The good news is that we have hope and unlike any year before, the one certainty is that this entire fall is uncertain.  Look at Houston, Baylor, etc.  Games will be "postponed" (really canceled with the conference schedule not allowing any margin for error) and teams will battle injury and illness like never before.  So, with a few breaks, almost anyone has a chance at glory this year.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

NU will surprise this year.  Covid did something that Frost and Co couldn't do.  This train is now pulling 100% in the same direction.  His stance through this has solidified the team, state and fan base.  We want to be respected?  Start winning.  Beat the big boys.  We will be a different team this year.

Listening to Urb heap accolades on Day and OSU for single handedly saving the season and leading the charge would make me put this game in red.  The raze tour starts then.  Set em up and shut em down.....NU is getting not one ounce of respect from the talking heads. In what they did to get the B1G to play and as an after thought in this conference.  (Respect is earned not given)  Time to earn it.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I doubt seriously that any other team wanted to open with OSU.  If they play up to their potential, they run the table with big blow outs weekly.   

If we can stay within 30, that will be a good sign for the future, especially in week one.  

We wont have played a game in 11 months. Hardly more than a dozen practices in pads.  7 on 7 drills and wt training is not football game ready.  OSU will be ready.  

27 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I doubt seriously that any other team wanted to open with OSU.  If they play up to their potential, they run the table with big blow outs weekly.   

If we can stay within 30, that will be a good sign for the future, especially in week one.  

We wont have played a game in 11 months. Hardly more than a dozen practices in pads.  7 on 7 drills and wt training is not football game ready.  OSU will be ready.  

Frost will have them ready and it will be much closer than 30. Catching OSU week 1 is a blessing in disguise. 

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Frost will have them ready and it will be much closer than 30. Catching OSU week 1 is a blessing in disguise. 

If you are right, it will be a hell of a ride this fall.   But opening up with the best team in the country is about as tough as I ever recall in a long long time.   Man, SF has sure had the deck reshuffled against him about as often as possible.   

9 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

If you are right, it will be a hell of a ride this fall.   But opening up with the best team in the country is about as tough as I ever recall in a long long time.   Man, SF has sure had the deck reshuffled against him about as often as possible.   

Yep....I can’t imagine the first three years of a coach being any weirder. 

it’s so damn frustrating.  

Bring it on OSU.  Let’s see what happens.  

Eventually the program can be competitive in the big ten/14. Right now this bunch is young and inexperienced in backs and receivers.  Also lacks developed depth in DL and LBs.  I think the young guns will have their moments and hopefully the olders can lead by playing within their capabilities and play hard.  

Husker magic is out there somewhere and might just reappear at a couple critical times to ignite the fire.  There is fuel but we will need a lucky spark or a few big plays just when we least expect them.   Sometimes, the young dont really know what they dont know.