You have to bet one game

teachercd

6 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Northwestern. I don't think they will be anywhere close to the level of play we see in the first 2 weeks.  They don't even want to play this year...  I see us rolling by 3 scores+.

So....here's the question with the Northwestern game.  If we go into that game 0-2.  Does those two losses against two really good teams make us better thus ready to handily beat someone like Northwestern?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....here's the question with the Northwestern game.  If we go into that game 0-2.  Does those two losses against two really good teams make us better thus ready to handily beat someone like Northwestern?

I'm curious to see how the Ohio State game goes.  Not really expecting to win but hope we can put on a good showing.

As long as we don't get physically beaten up in that game, I we should be able to go toe-to-toe with Wisconsin and have a great chance to be NW.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm curious to see how the Ohio State game goes.  Not really expecting to win but hope we can put on a good showing.

As long as we don't get physically beaten up in that game, I we should be able to go toe-to-toe with Wisconsin and have a great chance to be NW.

I think we'll surprise some people with 6 weeks to prep for OSU. Not like we'll beat them or anything, but more wrinkles than just one series of I-formation football. We've been so bad that I don't expect them to put a ton of energy into specific wrinkles for us.

Agree on Wisconsin as well. Frost seems to have Leonhard's number moving the ball, we just need to capitalize on scoring opportunities and play better defense. I like our kickers, O Line, and RB situation better than last year, and I like the fact that it's not Jonathan Taylor. If we can keep someone from going for 200+ I like our chances. 

5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I think we'll surprise some people with 6 weeks to prep for OSU. Not like we'll beat them or anything, but more wrinkles than just one series of I-formation football. We've been so bad that I don't expect them to put a ton of energy into specific wrinkles for us.

Agree on Wisconsin as well. Frost seems to have Leonhard's number moving the ball, we just need to capitalize on scoring opportunities and play better defense. I like our kickers, O Line, and RB situation better than last year, and I like the fact that it's not Jonathan Taylor. If we can keep someone from going for 200+ I like our chances. 

I've said this before,  if we have a kicking game at all last year, play calling is different and I think we win another game or two

• Plus1 3
27 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I've said this before,  if we have a kicking game at all last year, play calling is different and I think we win another game or two

In the Wisconsin game, there was a 4th and 3 that would've been a 4th and 1 had Mazour not fumbled the play before, but we couldn't even attempt a 43 yard FG, which could've given us a 3 point lead after giving up a KOR for a TD. Had we not given up a TD immediately following our 1st score, we potentially could've had a 10 point lead on Bucky.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Treand3 said:

In the Wisconsin game, there was a 4th and 3 that would've been a 4th and 1 had Mazour not fumbled the play before, but we couldn't even attempt a 43 yard FG, which could've given us a 3 point lead after giving up a KOR for a TD. Had we not given up a TD immediately following our 1st score, we potentially could've had a 10 point lead on Bucky.

Yep.....and if our kicker could put it in the end zone, that KO return doesn’t happen. 

our lack of kicker last year definitely cost us some games.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep.....and if our kicker could put it in the end zone, that KO return doesn’t happen. 

our lack of kicker last year definitely cost us some games.  

I feel every team that beat Wisconsin last season either had fewer mistakes on special teams or didn't give anything away at all. I don't feel Illinois game Wisconsin any cheap KORs nor great starting field position. Ohio State generslly did the same the 1st time and had some game altering ST plays in Indy. Oregon gave up a TD but also capitalized on a mistake by WI's punter, but that was after the game had wore on and it was evident Wisconsin was in a fight and wasn't going to bully them.

Its imperative Nebraska is at least solid on ST where they aren't giving away chippies to teams such as Iowa and Wisconsin that like to play risk management style football.

• Plus1 3