WandaVision

The trippier this gets, the better (and I think it has the potential to go off the deep end). 

Couple this with the rumor that 

Spoiler

Wanda will be in Doctor Strange 2

and Marvel might be ready to fully explore just how strong the Scarlet Witch can be. 

EDIT: another possible spoiler

Spoiler

This might be how they introduce mutants and the X-Men into the MCU. 

58 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This could be really cheesy, really easy. They'd better be absolutely sure of what they're doing with this.

This is by the team that does the movies, not the TV shows; they know what they're doing. 

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I still have absolutely no clue what it's about.

There are a number of plots that they are (seemingly) adapting from the comics, but the overarching plotline is going to revolve around Wanda having an existential crisis after the death of Vision, defeat of Thanos, and recovering from being erased from existence for 5 years. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, Cdog923 said:

This is by the team that does the movies, not the TV shows; they know what they're doing. 

It does look a little off-the-wall.  But I'm guess it'll kind of be like Ragnarok.  It was a complete departure from what had been done before.  I wasn't so sure about it at first but then I ended up thinking it was pretty good.

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

There are a number of plots that they are (seemingly) adapting from the comics, but the overarching plotline is going to revolve around Wanda having an existential crisis after the death of Vision, defeat of Thanos, and recovering from being erased from existence for 5 years. 

I still have no clue what it's about.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

It does look a little off-the-wall.  But I'm guess it'll kind of be like Ragnarok.  It was a complete departure from what had been done before.  I wasn't so sure about it at first but then I ended up thinking it was pretty good.

Spoiler

In the books, there is a storyline where Wanda goes through a mental breakdown when discovering that her children (with Vision) aren't real, but creations by another magical character/being, Agatha Harkness (rumored to be in the show). I'm guessing that the classic television show-motif is going to be a play on this, and it will be about Wanda having a mental breakdown and rewriting portions of her reality. 

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I guess so.

What is MCU?  If I'm too far gone on this and don't want to explain, you can be honest.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: basically, the Avengers films and the solo movies/series that tie into them. 

53 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Hide contents

In the books, there is a storyline where Wanda goes through a mental breakdown when discovering that her children (with Vision) aren't real, but creations by another magical character/being, Agatha Harkness (rumored to be in the show). I'm guessing that the classic television show-motif is going to be a play on this, and it will be about Wanda having a mental breakdown and rewriting portions of her reality. 

Yep that's been the thinking for some time and is basically confirmed by the trailer.

I'm curious what the Endgame (pun kind of intended) of the show will be if that's how it's set up.

• Fire 1
59 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yep that's been the thinking for some time and is basically confirmed by the trailer.

I'm curious what the Endgame (pun kind of intended) of the show will be if that's how it's set up.

With the rumors that 

Spoiler

she's going to be in Doctor Strange 2: Electric Boogaloo

I'm wondering if that's where it'll end at. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Reveal hidden contents

57 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The trailer is tough to draw a lot of conclusions from. Are they blending timelines? Tough to tell. There's that one scene where Vision appears to be having a bit of a crisis himself based on the way he looks at the woman when she tells him he's dead. So, is Vision alive in some capacity, or has Wanda created some sort of strange altered universe that isn't actually real?

This absolutely looks like a departure from the familiar story arcs of the MCU, but I'm here for it.

• 2 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to WandaVision