WandaVision

Also, I was reading an interview with Feige the other day and he said that six hours of content seemed to be about right for the TV series they have planned.  Different shows will have different episode lengths so they might be a different number of episodes but most of them are planned for one season with about that much run-time.  So at this time there is only one season planned for most of them.  (I think Loki may be the exception.)  So basically one episode left to wrap up this part of the story and then turn it over to DS2 or somewhere else.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:28 PM, Mavric said:

@Cdog923 The only things I know of the comics are what I've read over the years comparing the MCU to them.  Is WV from the comics?

Yes; there was an arc back in the late 80s where Vision is captured and disassembled by a governmental entity. Wanda and the West Coast Avengers rescue him, but when he is rebuilt, he is stripped of all his emotions, basically turning him from a sentient "synthezoid" into a walking computer and he turns from his usual color scheme to all white. At this point in time in the comics, he and Wanda are in love and are married, but since he no longer has emotions and is essentially a walking Macbook, their marriage ceases to exist. 

It's also at this point that Wanda finds out that her kids aren't technically real, which REALLY breaks her mind and leads to the House of M storyline. 

• Thanks 1

Got up at 5:30 to watch this before work. I laughed, I teared up a bit, I fist-pumped a bit. They mostly stuck the landing, too. 

Spoiler

- The Vision fight was pitch perfect: they got to show off their powers, but it was resolved with intelligence, and a logic problem. 

- Evan Peters is not any sort of Pietro/Quicksilver, which is a bit of a waste, but they can get away with it. 

- Agatha Harkness is still alive, and you know she's going to pop up at some other point in time. 

- The Scarlet Witch costume is absolutely on point, and was my favorite part of the episode. 

- No Doctor Strange, but the second End Credits scene will lead directly into DS2: she's using the Darkhold (stolen from the Sanctum Sanctorum) in her spirit form (used by Strange multiple times) to try and find her children, presumably in the Multiverse. 

- I'm ultimately glad they didn't go full-on House of M; Wanda has been through nothing but bad times in her stint in the MCU, and while she did have to see her husband and children get erased from existence, this is the first time she's following her own lead and taking control of her destiny, with a massive amount of power to wield, too. 

@Cdog923 definitely agree that they did a great job on this.

We're supposed to be spoilers-included at this point but just in case a few are still finishing out the season yet:

Spoiler

If I had a couple complaints they would be:

- It was a bit odd that White Vision just disappeared.  I'm sure he's coming back but there wasn't really any closure to this part of his story.

- It seems pretty odd they went with the "other" Quicksilver if it wasn't really the other Quicksilver.  Basically they were just teasing the Multiverse but it wasn't really that.  Obviously they're still getting there but that just seems odd to me.  Unless Agatha has some unknown (to me or in the show) knowledge of the Multiverse it doesn't make any sense.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:
  Hide contents

Such an epic troll job with Evan Peters as Quicksilver!

Spoiler

I really enjoyed Paul Bettany trolling everyone, saying he was "excited to work with an actor he's never gotten the chance to work with", only for it to be himself.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 year later...

Finally got around to watching (binging) this weekend. TBH I was quite concerned I’d made a mistake after ep1. Forced myself through ep 2 and then it really got going. By the time I’d finished I thought it was brilliant.

I will say for those who aren’t keenly aware of the MCU, Infinity War and End Game are absolute prerequisites before attempting this if you want it to make any sense at all. I thought it was great.

Edit- And BTW, it’s probably best to watch everything in the MCU before Infinity War and End Game. Everything is intertwined and related and it’s all good enough to be well worth the time.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
  • Mavric changed the title to WandaVision