Favorite Musical Artist: Final Four!

Ulty

Favorite Musical Artist: Final Four  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No wrong choices from here on out. 

18 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I know there was some discussion in the last thread about blurred lines between "favorite" and "best", and if that's still an issue for the Final Four, then there is no planet in the Multiverse where Pink Floyd is better than Prince. 

Musically or lyrically? Because music is only half the equation, and Pink Floyd has written some of the best lyrics of all time, and far more compelling & poignant than Prince.

It's an interesting choice. Pink Floyd and Prince both have phenomenal bodies of work and are influential in different ways. I'll say this about Prince: he was an underrated musical virtuoso, probably one of the best guitar players ever, but he is not specifically known for his guitar work. He covered multiple genres: pop, rock, r&B, he just really couldn't be pigeonholed. He was supremely amazing talent and an artist in every sense of the word. The symbol-for-a-name thing, and the androgyny and sexuality just add further intrigue as a personality. There is no one like him. One of the best ever.   

Now, Pink Floyd? Incredible artists and musicians in their own right, and I simply like them better. :D

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I know there was some discussion in the last thread about blurred lines between "favorite" and "best", and if that's still an issue for the Final Four, then there is no planet in the Multiverse where Pink Floyd is better than Prince. 

Are you on crack? There is no multiverse where Prince is better or more favored than Pink Floyd with any stipulations.

You may like Prince better and that's fine but objectively Pink Floyd is the only right answer here 

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Are you on crack? There is no multiverse where Prince is better or more favored than Pink Floyd with any stipulations.

You may like Prince better and that's fine but objectively Pink Floyd is the only right answer here 

I'm a big fan of both, with tons of music from both, and I can tell you it's way more a tossup than this.

I've been going at this from a literal standpoint, and to me, "favorite" is really more about overall subjective preference than anything else. I would personally much rather listen to Prince and I enjoy his music more, but Pink Floyd is undoubtedly incredible. And if it were about "best," I think the decision would be harder for me. But, since it was about "favorite," I chose Prince.

On 9/21/2020 at 2:41 PM, Ulty said:

I'll say this about Prince: he was an underrated musical virtuoso, probably one of the best guitar players ever, but he is not specifically known for his guitar work.

It always seemed kinda silly to me when people bring that up about Prince. Yes, he was a hell of a guitarist, but it wasn't a factor in his music, so who the hell cares? It's really not relevant to the argument.