SI and America think Nebraskans are babies

Redux

He makes direct digs at Frost for saying we want to play, players suing, and then Moos saying we deserve a break.  It's a hit piece.  He's trying to be an a$$h@!e.

And he isn't wrong.  I love that Moos is fighting for our best interests.  But he didn't need to say that stuff.  Just accept it, say we look forward to the challenges because WE wanted football the most and we are excited for the big games.

And our fanbase has been absolutely cringe worthy on social media concerning this whole process.  I completely avoided the 2020 football thread because no thanks from what I'm hearing about it.  We still have an ego when we haven't earned one in a long time.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Are mad about the entire schedule or that Ohio State, a team we we were going to play anyway, is first? 

we still have Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, and Minnesota 

It's the same schedule minus Rutgers.  We used to get mad when we didn't get enough marquee games.  Now, during an 8 game schedule, even our own AD is complaining our schedule is too hard.  Like, I can't even.

• Plus1 3

Just now, krc1995 said:

Are we mad about the entire schedule or that Ohio State, a team we we were going to play anyway, is first? 

we still have Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, and Minnesota 

"We" are not mad. A few people are mad about our schedule.

A few people are mad that we don't run the ball enough.

You can't please everyone.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

"We" are not mad. A few people are mad about our schedule.

A few people are mad that we don't run the ball enough.

You can't please everyone.

I guess ESPN is on here because they have categorized “us” as mad.   And whiny. Literally put that in the title. And I’m kind of mad because I agree with them. 

Mad is a despicable look 

And if we opened with Rutgers and didn't play Ohio State at all the narrative would be "The Big Ten is trying to keep us out of the title game by making our schedule too soft!  They don't want us to make a title game or get ranked too high!".

It's more than a few.  And we went from champion of fighting for football to whiny asses in a matter of like 24hrs.  Our 15 minutes are up, gotta get back to actually winning games now to get attention.

• Plus1 1
Just now, krc1995 said:

I guess ESPN is on here because they have categorized “us” as mad.   And whiny. Literally put that in the title. And I’m kind of mad because I agree with them. 

Mad is a despicable look

I just don't give ESPN or Pat Forde or fans of other teams the right to make me feel bad about myself or my team. That decision is mine, and I don't care what they say.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems like our guys starting at Scott Frost and up have gone out of their way to say as much about the BIG as they can - they definitely have a plan and any media face that got burned by NU back in the day is going to get their jabs in now.  It will be interesting to see how the next chapter of this plays out over the season and following year.

4 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

It seems like our guys starting at Scott Frost and up have gone out of their way to say as much about the BIG as they can - they definitely have a plan and any media face that got burned by NU back in the day is going to get their jabs in now.  It will be interesting to see how the next chapter of this plays out over the season and following year.

It does seem like they're going out of their way to be vocal about how they feel, much more so than usual.

Not sure if that's a marketing strategy, just a reaction of the stress of the last few months, or what. But it seems intentional.

32 minutes ago, Redux said:

Nebraska fans pretending national perception doesn't matter (to them) might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

If that's the case, you may want to consider getting out more.  

Click bait journalism, lowest common denominator type of tactic to rile up one fan base and draw the affection of all those who hate them.  That's all.  Nothing worth a legitimate reaction. 

I don't hate on Forde.  I am sure that he is soaking in sufficient self loathing for what he has become as a journalist.

• Plus1 2

I got over what Pat Forde has to say about Nebraska football a loooong time ago. And some in the national media do have a hard on for Nebraska and they like to pull our chain. That’s just a fact. Desmond had all kinds of sh#t to say about us but he didn’t say d#ck about tOSU saying basically the same things we were. I don’t think a lot of these national pundits understand that Nebraska fans won’t ever give it up. They want us to abandon the team and become fair weather fans because that’s what so many others would do, so it sort of bothers them that we never just go away and collectively we do live on past glories a bit. It’s just the way it is. We want to think of ourselves as relevant but we really haven’t been to anyone outside Huskerland for a long time.

Having said that, we have way too many fans playing the woe is me card. Did the B1G structure the schedule against us on purpose? IDK probably..... personally I like our schedule but I also think they tried to make it extra tough on us after calling them out and being vocal about wanting to play. I just don’t care if they did and I’m not gonna whine about it.  Hell I’d exchange Illinois for Michigan on our schedule tomorrow.

When we’ve actually done something in this league, or in the last twenty years, and THEN they screw us over, then I might b!^@h a little. As it is we’re one of the easier W’s in the B1G right now so of course the schedule is going to seem tough to us, because it is. Ohio State’s schedule looks easy because they’re freakin loaded and a top 4 team. That’s just the way it works. I’m excited to have them first and Wiscy in week two. God knows playing those teams later in the year hasn’t worked out well for us.