SI and America think Nebraskans are babies

Redux

14 minutes ago, jager said:

Like most of you have already said, this is just click bait.

Funny you mention that, because SI laying people off and turning the site into clickbait fodder (which is something their new owners are adept at doing, to a fault) is exactly what the new management wants. 

Only reason Pat Forde is still there is either

A) he can't get out of his non-compete on his contract

B) they backed the Brinks truck up to get him to stay

C) Forde is a trash human being that graduated from Methsouri, so logical thought processes aren't exactly his...Forte. 

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Funny you mention that, because SI laying people off and turning the site into clickbait fodder (which is something their new owners are adept at doing, to a fault) is exactly what the new management wants. 

Only reason Pat Forde is still there is either

A) he can't get out of his non-compete on his contract

B) they backed the Brinks truck up to get him to stay

C) Forde is a trash human being that graduated from Methsouri, so logical thought processes aren't exactly his...Forte

More like his Fordte...I'll show myself out

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Moos is on the committee but that doesn't mean he gets to decide.

Sure. But the point is that Nebraska does the scheduling, so Nebraska fans shouldn't think there's a conspiracy against Nebraska.

Unless I'm missing something, that point really seems to be lost on some people.

*Edit: I'm wrong about the above; we don't have much say in the cross-divisional games.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Undone said:

Ah. I thought we had some kind of say in those cross-divisional games. I might be completely wrong on that.

You are wrong about that. The conference determines the conference schedule. We have input, but no say.

We determine our OOC schedule. I'm sure the conference has some input on that, including bans on FCS teams (as happened a few years ago), but otherwise no real say.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You are wrong about that. The conference determines the conference schedule. We have input, but no say.

We determine our OOC schedule. I'm sure the conference has some input on that, including bans on FCS teams (as happened a few years ago), but otherwise no real say.

Gotcha, thanks.

21 hours ago, knapplc said:

Pat Forde went to Missouri and graduated somewhere in the middle of the Osborne-always-kicked-Missouri's-a$$ era.

It's an axe he's going to grind as long as he's got a job.

Just ignore him.

Read the article yesterday.  You can't argue with a lot of what he says, except.  No one at Nebraska, including Frost ever said they wanted to leave the conference. He is only half paraphrasing what Moos says.  He leaves out other parts, which I am sure he read in Sipple's article.  

The article's tone is just petty and vindictive and designed to piss off a certain crowd.  You are right, being a Mizzu grad he has absolutely no love for Nebraska.  Loves to kick us when we are down. 

He has certain Schools and college towns he loves to go after.  He went hard after how bad Pullman, Wa home of Washington St is a couple of years ago when ESPN was going there for game day. Basically said the town sucks.   Been to Pullman nice little college town. I am sure Columbia MO is way better. 

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, knapplc said:

I just don't give ESPN or Pat Forde or fans of other teams the right to make me feel bad about myself or my team. That decision is mine, and I don't care what they say.

Conversely, it's not Pat Forde's job to make a fanbase feel good about itself. They get paid to come up with sports stories that are better written and researched than the average fanboard post, and that's what he did.

Nebraska fans have a persecution complex, and at some point it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Forde really had the knives out for this one and went for the deep snark, but he's not exactly wrong. And remember....these guys get emails. s#!tloads of emails. And they typically aren't from the thoughtful and pleasant folk posting here. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Conversely, it's not Pat Forde's job to make a fanbase feel good about itself. They get paid to come up with sports stories that are better written and researched than the average fanboard post, and that's what he did.

Nebraska fans have a persecution complex, and at some point it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Forde really had the knives out for this one and went for the deep snark, but he's not exactly wrong. And remember....these guys get emails. s#!tloads of emails. And they typically aren't from the thoughtful and pleasant folk posting here. 

What the heck are you talking about?  :lol:

I said none of these things. Nice straw man.

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

From your posts I presumed you thought Forde was a hack with an anti-Husker agenda and we shouldn't give into his clickbait.

Then it's really weird that you quoted a day-old post of mine and led off with "it's not Pat Forde's job to make a fanbase feel good about itself" if the above is what you thought I wrote.

Is this another fight you're trying to instigate?