SI and America think Nebraskans are babies

Redux

19 minutes ago, dubsker said:

Is subscribing to the Athletic worth it?  I’m considering.

My BIL sure thinks so.  I have read the occasional article on his account but refuse to pay for sports news/perspectives.  Faux Pelini articles on there are sometimes great though- almost worth paying for.  

• Thanks 1

Complaining about how difficult the schedule is this year sounds like crying babies.  We are a big name program who draws a crowd.  The teams that are difficult to play are the same as us in that regard.  This makes for more fans in the seats and watching on TV.  It is good business to put us up against these teams.  Our duty is to field good enough teams to win.  Period!

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, dubsker said:

Is subscribing to the Athletic worth it?  I’m considering.

39 minutes ago, Toe said:

@dubsker I've got a free 1-year subscription. There's some good articles in there, but I doubt I'll renew. Maybe if you read more than just Husker stuff, it might be worth it.

If you're just looking for Husker stuff I would say to skip it. If you're into NFL, NHL, MLB, etc., it would be worth doing a free trial. The NFL content is pretty great with in-depth X's and O's breakdowns after each game for offense and defense. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, GSG said:

If you're just looking for Husker stuff I would say to skip it. If you're into NFL, NHL, MLB, etc., it would be worth doing a free trial. The NFL content is pretty great with in-depth X's and O's breakdowns after each game for offense and defense. 

40 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

My BIL sure thinks so.  I have read the occasional article on his account but refuse to pay for sports news/perspectives.  Faux Pelini articles on there are sometimes great though- almost worth paying for.  

54 minutes ago, Toe said:

@dubsker I've got a free 1-year subscription. There's some good articles in there, but I doubt I'll renew. Maybe if you read more than just Husker stuff, it might be worth it.

Thanks everyone!  I am interested in more than just the Huskers, so that sounds pretty good to me.  I read an article once on a trial that was pretty good.

22 hours ago, knapplc said:

The eye roll may be gone, but it's not forgotten.  xsj3xFS.png

And what's funny is, there's an eye roll in the stock emoji bin for the board:

:rolleyes:

But people don't use it because they can't eye roll someone anonymously.

People are mostly cowards. Publicly showing their reaction scares them.

It's weird.

I love it!  I need to explore those more.  I use the stock :D:sarcasm as my go to emoji's.