SI and America think Nebraskans are babies

Redux

https://www.si.com/college/2020/09/21/nebraska-football-schedule-complaints-forde-yard-dash

Yep, Nebraska is looking for pity points. The lil’ Cornhuskers need a break. “Deserve” a break, even. They want an easier schedule than they got because they just haven’t been able to compete, and playing Ohio State (4) and Penn State (5) is just not fairrrrrrrr.

Here ya go Husker fans, this is what all your complaining looks like to the rest of the nation.  What little respect we had previously is quickly dissipating, a good chunk of football fans and recruits weren't even alive last time we were relevant.  You can say it doesn't matter to us all you want, deep down we know it stings quite a bit.

We spend all Covid off-season fighting for football, praising the fight to play.  We finally get it then immediately start playing prima dona, fans and staff alike.  I usually go to bat for our fanbase and say everyone thinks their state has the worst fans.  But for a place that used to pride itself on having some of the greatest, nobody but ourselves are delusional enough to make that mistake about us anymore.

This has nothing to do with wins and losses and rebuilding and time etc.  This is about perception and respect and being humble.  Be better.  All that being said, Pat Forde and SI can kiss my a$$.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Redux said:

https://www.si.com/college/2020/09/21/nebraska-football-schedule-complaints-forde-yard-dash

Here ya go Husker fans, this is what all your complaining looks like to the rest of the nation.  What little respect we had previously is quickly dissipating, a good chunk of football fans and recruits weren't even alive last time we were relevant.  You can say it doesn't matter to us all you want, deep down we know it stings quite a bit.

We spend all Covid off-season fighting for football, praising the fight to play.  We finally get it then immediately start playing prima dona, fans and staff alike.  I usually go to bat for our fanbase and say everyone thinks their state has the worst fans.  But for a place that used to pride itself on having some of the greatest, nobody but ourselves are delusional enough to make that mistake about us anymore.

This has nothing to do with wins and losses and rebuilding and time etc.  This is about perception and respect and being humble.  Be better.  All that being said, Pat Forde and SI can kiss my a$$.

I, for one, have not spoken to anyone I know from fellow B1G schools who have had any respect for us.  Most, however, want us to compete and acknowledge a decent Husker team would be great for the conference.  But, nobody cares about playing us.  Nobody that I know anyway.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Redux said:

Forde = Tool!   I don't know why anyone would read anything he has written, EVER.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

Forde = Tool!   I don't know why anyone would read anything he has written, EVER.

Reading that I would have never guessed it came from a major publication. I would have guessed it was from some online blogger. Honestly I feel that way about a lot of journalism these days. Its all pretty opinionated, short on facts and unprofessional. 

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I, for one, have not spoken to anyone I know from fellow B1G schools who have had any respect for us.  Most, however, want us to compete and acknowledge a decent Husker team would be great for the conference.  But, nobody cares about playing us.  Nobody that I know anyway.  

Pretty sure nobody on this board didn't already know this to be the case.  I am consistently shocked how many people want to continually give a rats a$$ what anyone else thinks about Nebraska football at this point. We have the right coach, recruiting has been getting better and we should start to see the effects of these efforts soon, maybe this year, but most likely next.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

But who is Forde saying is complaining, exactly? It's definitely not anybody actually inside the program (fortunately). Which is all that matters.

Some of our fans? Well, yeah. We see that on this board.

I'll say it again: In the usual non-COVID season, playing two tough divisional crossover games as opposed to only one isn't a big deal if we were actually beating Wisconsin, Iowa, & Minnesota. Or even just winning two out of those three, IMO.

Our fans need to not fixate/complain on things relating to scheduling; we have much bigger problems that need to be corrected.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is Moos "inside the program"?  I'm not necessarily complaining about him.  But, what he's come out and said would be looked at as complaining by anyone outside of Nebraska.

Oh, maybe I missed that. I read through the Forde article that the OP linked and didn't see a direct quote from Moos on that, but maybe I misunderstood.

I didn't necessarily think "deserve a break" was directed at our first 3 out of 4 games, but maybe it was?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is Moos "inside the program"?  I'm not necessarily complaining about him.  But, what he's come out and said would be looked at as complaining by anyone outside of Nebraska.

He made a brief statement about the schedule that was 100% spot on correct. That statement could only be characterized as "whining" by a person with an agenda.

Now some of our fans....yeah, some people need to grow a pair and get over it.

• Haha 1