SI and America think Nebraskans are babies

Redux

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Then it's really weird that you quoted a day-old post of mine and led off with "it's not Pat Forde's job to make a fanbase feel good about itself" if the above is what you thought I wrote.

Is this another fight you're trying to instigate?

I was catching up on the thread and your post is where I decided to stop and comment, based on your previous posts and others that shared the sentiment. We both been around awhile, and I'm aware that you tend to discredit national sports writers & broadcasters who criticize Husker football, and counsel posters not to reward the "clickbait."  I'm inclined to disagree. 

btw....t's not weird to let a few hours go by in the monitoring of HuskerBoard threads. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I was catching up on the thread and your post is where I decided to stop and comment, based on your previous posts and others that shared the sentiment. We both been around awhile, and I'm aware that you tend to discredit national sports writers & broadcasters who criticize Husker football, and counsel posters not to reward the "clickbait."  I'm inclined to disagree. 

btw....t's not weird to let a few hours go by in the monitoring of HuskerBoard threads. 

I appreciate the time you spend reading my posts.

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I appreciate the time you spend reading my posts.

I for one am willing to completely overlook your posts that I might not agree with because of the Location you have listed.  With ND-WF postponed due to the virus, it is such a simple sentiment and one thing everyone can do that may, just may actually help us get to a season.  For that, I thank you.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, lo country said:

I only post for +1's...Loved the eye roll, unsure what the upvote is over a +1.  Unsure if the laughing is really, "your post is stupid" or you post "is funny".....The Thank you is a classic....

The eye roll may be gone, but it's not forgotten.  xsj3xFS.png

And what's funny is, there's an eye roll in the stock emoji bin for the board:

:rolleyes:

But people don't use it because they can't eye roll someone anonymously.

People are mostly cowards. Publicly showing their reaction scares them.

It's weird.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The eye roll may be gone, but it's not forgotten.  xsj3xFS.png

And what's funny is, there's an eye roll in the stock emoji bin for the board:

:rolleyes:

But people don't use it because they can't eye roll someone anonymously.

People are mostly cowards. Publicly showing their reaction scares them.

It's weird.

eyeroll.png.4fe3fbd2a2f8e6f393224343ae1f7428.png.952c0195470f0da0ab36d547a8ae5f8c.png

I've kept this one in my uploads since they took it away.  I just don't know if it is sufficient,  or if I need a bigger one

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

12505.gif

• Plus1 3

Media in general has become desperate for any attention.  Competition is high and there is a lack of much fresh in the sports world.  It's natural for writers to try to spur clicks from fan bases with a large following, even if that means making said fan base mad.  Half of us can't pass a negative Nebraska article by- we have to read it just so we can disagree with it.  I personally could care less what Forde or Howard thinks or writes.  Our path out of the crosshairs in on the field- win to shut them up.

• Plus1 2

Good sports journalists still do good sports journalism. I think it was Sports Illustrated that published that very long and detailed article last year that shadowed Scott Frost for weeks as he embarked on his second season. Told me thinks about Scott I never knew, didn't shy away from the problems we discuss in here daily, honored the Husker legacy and explained it well to outsiders. 

• Plus1 2