N Our Voice

Mavric

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm actually really surprised he didn't contribute in the last year.  What a sad and inspirational story though for everyone.  The vast majority of kids don't have to deal with that at that age.  You're supposed to be able to grow up , get married, have grandkids...then deal with parents dying.

But....sometimes that doesn't work out.  He's ultimately going to be a better man for it, but that's tough.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm actually really surprised he didn't contribute in the last year.  What a sad and inspirational story though for everyone.  The vast majority of kids don't have to deal with that at that age.  You're supposed to be able to grow up , get married, have grandkids...then deal with parents dying.

But....sometimes that doesn't work out.  He's ultimately going to be a better man for it, but that's tough.

I've been really rooting for him, hoped he'd play also.  I lost my Dad at 24, but had a bit more time to prepare (cancer). It definitely made me grow up faster but some days are still difficult looking at my kids and wishing they'd been able to meet their Grandfather.

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I've been really rooting for him, hoped he'd play also.  I lost my Dad at 24, but had a bit more time to prepare (cancer). It definitely made me grow up faster but some days are still difficult looking at my kids and wishing they'd been able to meet their Grandfather.

I also lost my father when I was around 24 years old. He died a few days after having a heart attack caused by his Addison’s disease. I also find it difficult at times raising kids, knowing they will never know my father. But, I will bring him up quite often, just to keep his memory with me. 

• Plus1 3
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...