J.D. Spielman

Huskers93-97

1 hour ago, Big Red Viking said:

Maybe he's just not that good.

He was a very good football player for us.  He thrived when we had a healthy Martinez (not sure what he was last year), Stanley Morgan and Ozigbo.  Even last year he made many great plays, and got destroyed on some of them.  It is confusing why he left last the team and joined TCU, but to say he wasn't/isn't that good is just crazy.  

• Plus1 2
53 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

He was a very good football player for us.  He thrived when we had a healthy Martinez (not sure what he was last year), Stanley Morgan and Ozigbo.  Even last year he made many great plays, and got destroyed on some of them.  It is confusing why he left last the team and joined TCU, but to say he wasn't/isn't that good is just crazy.  

JD is good, not great. He had a place as a #2 receiving option in a college offense that contained and NFL #1 receiver, an NFL RB, and a dual threat QB. He struggled mightily when asked to rise into anything more. I won't buy that he was weak or didn't try, I absolutely think he gave his all while on the field. In the end he is a 5'9 receiver that lacks elite speed and will always be somewhat limited because of that. I think he felt he could be more than that and is seeking a chance to show it. I think he will find that he's a good role type player and hope he truly enjoys his senior year of football as it will likely be his last.

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

JD is good, not great. He had a place as a #2 receiving option in a college offense that contained and NFL #1 receiver, an NFL RB, and a dual threat QB. He struggled mightily when asked to rise into anything more. I won't buy that he was weak or didn't try, I absolutely think he gave his all while on the field. In the end he is a 5'9 receiver that lacks elite speed and will always be somewhat limited because of that. I think he felt he could be more than that and is seeking a chance to show it. I think he will find that he's a good role type player and hope he truly enjoys his senior year of football as it will likely be his last.

Me - Blue

You - No its not blue, if you look closely you can see that blue is not a great, but good color.  I am telling you the color is blue!

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to J.D. Spielman