J.D. Spielman

Huskers93-97

26 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

There is a lot to this.  JD was rumored to be so so on being a husker and wandale is over the top excited.  It's possible that JD was going to be a OR here and decided to finally jump for what felt like greener grass.

I had heard that JD was not pleased with how Wandale came in and was getting plays designed around him and getting a lot more touches than him. That was early last year and while I don’t think he would have been an “or” with Wandale he may have felt Wandale was getting the role he should have.

47 minutes ago, Farms said:

I had heard that JD was not pleased with how Wandale came in and was getting plays designed around him and getting a lot more touches than him. That was early last year and while I don’t think he would have been an “or” with Wandale he may have felt Wandale was getting the role he should have.

At first glance JD was a top 3 WR talent.  However I think Lubbick and company are really wanting 2 big receivers on the field at all times.  With that said it would be hard to put JD in front of Wandale.

• Plus1 1

I don't think calling him lazy or that TCU is an easier work load is fair to either side.  He was not happy here.  For me he let the team down, you finish what you start, but I wish him luck at TCU. 

I think he is possibly facing tougher competition overall.  I do agree the talent level at Nebraska is not where it should be and hasn't been for a long time.  Might have been the bright and shiny penny.  Who knows.  We will have a better idea as the season goes on, and if he moves up and TCU plays to their potential.  Again I hope he finds what he is looking for.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

WR depth chart is the one that 1st, 2nd, even 3rd means little...teams go 4 wide alot 

That would be true if they listed just 1 WR spot but they list 3, and he's co #2 at one of them. The other two are outside spots with players all 6'1"+. He probably will only see the field inside at 5'9"-ish. He could be that 4th WR sure but it means more than you're alluding to IMO.

Regardless, I hope he does well and I’ll be keeping an eye on TCU.

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

That would be true if they listed just 1 WR spot but they list 3, and he's co #2 at one of them. The other two are outside spots with players all 6'1"+. He probably will only see the field inside at 5'9"-ish. He could be that 4th WR sure but it means more than you're alluding to IMO.

Regardless, I hope he does well and I’ll be keeping an eye on TCU.

He will be there second leading pass catcher this year, depth charts at those positions mean next to nothing

• Plus1 1

JD is a real head scratcher for me.  Played above his talent for us and became a fan favorite.  I loved watching and cheering for him.  What the hell happened?  Bitter? Soft? None of these strike me as the JD I watched.  I loved him while he was here but he got some bad advice or made a bad decision.  

• Mavric changed the title to J.D. Spielman