Board update 2020-09-24

Toe

39 minutes ago, GSG said:

I circled some stuff in green. The contrast just seems to be a little off. It's really bugging my eyes out. 

I think some of that stuff is hard-coded.  But I'll keep looking.

39 minutes ago, GSG said:

Side question: Does the update include a Night/Dark mode? 

I already tried to find a switch for Dark mode but haven't so far.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, GSG said:

I circled some stuff in green. The contrast just seems to be a little off. It's really bugging my eyes out. 

I did find where the font color for the forum descriptions could be changed.  They were already set to "Automatic" which I thought would have been Black but perhaps there is some code that is overriding Default to some grey-ish color because when I changed them to actual Black they show up much better.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I did find where the font color for the forum descriptions could be changed.  They were already set to "Automatic" which I thought would have been Black but perhaps there is some code that is overriding Default to some grey-ish color because when I changed them to actual Black they show up much better.

The forum descriptions look so much better now

My 2 cents. I think it looks great and I don’t usually dig changes. The best part is it is locked in and fits my iPad screen, finally. No more bouncing left-right. Everything appears a bit sharper and more refined. Haven’t had a chance to explore much else yet and haven’t tried it on my phone.

Edit- I withdraw some of my praise after visiting the site on my phone. The subtext font is way too light. They're a very light gray on white background....not good. Not as noticable on a larger screen but squint worthy on the smaller device.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Also, for those using the Non-Repsonsive theme for mobile, I'm making all these changes to the main theme for now.  Once I get them mostly done I'll copy them to the Non-Responsive theme.

Will this update the ability to log in from mobile? I don't know why but I can't seem to figure that out right now. I included a screenshot earlier in the thread.

Also, probably more of a @BigRedMax question, but would it be possible to eliminate the ad position that's deploying in desktop inside the notifications widget? I don't know how to describe it other than when you click the bell icon at the top, and the pop out opens up to show recent notifications, an ad deploys and it takes up about 50% of the notifications area.