Board update 2020-09-24

Toe

Here is the response from the server company. Going to leave it the way it is now. 

I have checked the forum thread and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that was caused. My colleague Mark was personally instructed by me to restore the database from the old server, which contained your most recent posts and forum updates until the name servers update of the domain name.

Some posts and updates from yesterday might still be missing because they are stored on the database on the new server, which does not contain the older updates. Regretfully, there is no direct way to merge the two databases due to the nature of the IPB system and the fact that its developers do not offer such a solution. The only way to restore the missing posts will be to recreate the same I am afraid.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:53 AM, Mavric said:

Maybe log in on a desktop somewhere so you can change it then got back to mobile???

I'm logged in on my laptop and I still don't see anyway to change the theme. There was a brief moment the other day during the server transitions where my phone was back to desktop theme, but since then it's been stuck on mobile. Which, btw, mobile lacks a lot of functionality. You can't easily access your profile, no theme change, doesn't seem to be a way to add quotes (ie newspaper snip) to you post, and no notifications.

Just now, GSG said:

Why is Carnie's commitment announcement green now? 

Just trying a different color.  It was pointed out that the "red" that is one of the options for the announcements isn't the same red as everywhere else on the board and thus didn't look very good.  Not sure if that's any better but just trying it out.

• 2 weeks later...