Board update 2020-09-24

Toe

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

There is a setting in your profile for which theme to use.  I changed it earlier but when I looked just now it was changed back.  Not sure if there is a locally-stored value that is overwriting it.

I would guess either log out, let me change it then log back in.  Or perhaps clear your cache, let me change it and try again.

I tried clearing my cookies and then logged back in, but nothing changed. I don't see the button in my profile; and to even get to my profile I have to find a post I made, or click on someone else's profile then find mine through their's.

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

I tried clearing my cookies and then logged back in, but nothing changed. I don't see the button in my profile; and to even get to my profile I have to find a post I made, or click on someone else's profile then find mine through their's.

Maybe log in on a desktop somewhere so you can change it then got back to mobile???

On 10/12/2020 at 9:20 AM, BigRedMax said:

The new server upgrade has just been activated. Supposed to improve load time and performance. 

Load time MUCH faster for me. And I like the "compressed" reply quotes (with the "expand" button) as it both keeps the original post and doesn't take up tons of screen space.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Load time MUCH faster for me. And I like the "compressed" reply quotes (with the "expand" button) as it both keeps the original post and doesn't take up tons of screen space.

I get why people want that feature, but I wish Invision would have made it a user-controlled toggle. I don't like it, and would like to turn it off, but it's not customizable. 

6 hours ago, Toe said:

Well, I see last week's posts are back, but we lost the past day's.

What the heck is going on? I thought it was really wierdthat no one was on all day. Then I get home and my desktop won't load. So I try my phone and it won't load on my wifi. So I switch to cell and now I see a bunch of posts from today that I still can't see on my desktop but on my phone I can't see my posts that I've been making all day. It's like there's two separate versions running in parallel.

@BigRedMax?

@Mavric Yeah, like remember how I'd made a new thread under Board Feedback about posts from the past week being missing? That's gone. Like I'd said in that thread, the databases were forked. We got restored from a snapshot taken, which gave us back the past week's posts, but then we lost what had been posted after the snapshot was taken like 36 hours ago. Even if there's another snapshot of the past day's posts, it would be difficult to reconcile things like post numbers, which would probably conflict between the two versions.

Doc-Brown-Space-Time-Continuum.png

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Toe said:

@Mavric Yeah, like remember how I'd made a new thread under Board Feedback about posts from the past week being missing? That's gone. Like I'd said in that thread, the databases were forked. We got restored from a snapshot taken, which gave us back the past week's posts, but then we lost what had been posted after the snapshot was taken like 36 hours ago. Even if there's another snapshot of the past day's posts, it would be difficult to reconcile things like post numbers, which would probably conflict between the two versions.

Doc-Brown-Space-Time-Continuum.png

FWIW the numbers we're at on this iteration of HB are the most accurate. If we have to lose anything, I'd say a Sunday where next to no one posted is the best place to start.