Nebraska-Penn State

tmfr15

Just now, Savage Husker said:

They pulled a lot of starters on defense, such as Marcus Allen their safety. There were some clean jerseys on defense in that 4th quarter and it was a cold drizzle all game long on natural grass. My wife was whooping it up and I was shaking my head until the guy sitting next to me hands me his flask and says I need it more than he does! Lol

OK.  I don't think anyone was talking about the margin of victory.  Just that they won.  They didn't beat us with third third string.  Some might have gotten a little playing time in the fourth quarter.

• Plus1 1

I have no desire to play the same team from the other division every year.  Frankly it gets old, and that type of scheduling leads to unbalanced scheduling within the division.  Playing Ohio State every year for the past few years has gotten old, and playing Michigan for the next few years will get old, as well.  I would prefer rotations among all of the teams in the other division.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have no desire to play the same team from the other division every year.  Frankly it gets old, and that type of scheduling leads to unbalanced scheduling within the division.  Playing Ohio State every year for the past few years has gotten old, and playing Michigan for the next few years will get old, as well.  I would prefer rotations among all of the teams in the other division.

Amen!

The dorks on 1620 had a cool idea...you finish 1st and you play 1-3-5 from the other division the next season.  And so on.

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It definitely needs to be on set rotation so you get different teams every couple years. I get wanting marquee games like Neb-OSU or Neb-Mich but like you said it gets old. But I'm also in favor of the Power 5 (or maybe 6) breaking away and having structured schedules across all conferences. 

44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

OK.  I don't think anyone was talking about the margin of victory.  Just that they won.  They didn't beat us with third third string.  Some might have gotten a little playing time in the fourth quarter.

My apologies if that’s how it came off, I just didn’t think of it as a “shootout,” until they pulled their 2-deep and we still had Pick-6 out there slinging the rock. 

• Plus1 1