2020 Presidential Debates Round 1 - Game Thread

admo

Truth is, trump is better at manipulating the media than the media is at covering politics. 

This is why these headlines crop up, and why the American media continues to fail in their job.

And why it's such a shock to so many people when trump does an interview with a foreign journalist and they ask real questions.

• Plus1 1

I keep seeing comments from people on line like:

"What a horrible moderator"

Or

"Both candidates were acting like children"

What a load of BS.  I would like someone to explain exactly to me what either Biden or Wallace should have done differently when you have a pathetic human being on stage that acts like Trump did.

• Plus1 6
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I keep seeing comments from people on line like:

"What a horrible moderator"

Or

"Both candidates were acting like children"

What a load of BS.  I would like someone to explain exactly to me what either Biden or Wallace should have done differently when you have a pathetic human being on stage that acts like Trump did.

They just need to be able to mute the mics.  When two minutes is up, the mic mutes on its own.  How hard is that?  When one mic is hot...the other mic is mute.

Or s#!t, give them each like 5 "free passes" to interrupt or something like that.  

No moderator is going to be able to stop it...this isn't a parent yelling at their two kids.  Wallace didn't suck he was just in a position of power with no actual power.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

They just need to be able to mute the mics.  When two minutes is up, the mic mutes on its own.  How hard is that?  When one mic is hot...the other mic is mute.

Or s#!t, give them each like 5 "free passes" to interrupt or something like that.  

No moderator is going to be able to stop it...this isn't a parent yelling at their two kids.  Wallace didn't suck he was just in a position of power with no actual power.

Exactly.  That's not on him as being a bad moderator.  He had no tools in his bag to control what Trump was doing.

9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You're voting for a man who will pack the Supreme Court and won't admit it.  Only one of those things destroys democracy.

Packing the Supreme Court has occurred multiple times in America's history and does not destroy democracy.

What destroys democracy is when a minority party, through an outdated Electoral College and Senate, get to have more influence on government than their numbers deserve. 

America is being undemocratically ruled by the minority. That is not democracy, and we need to change that. Packing the Supreme Court is a legal way to do that.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Packing the Supreme Court has occurred multiple times in America's history and does not destroy democracy.

What destroys democracy is when a minority party, through an outdated Electoral College and Senate, get to have more influence on government than their numbers deserve. 

America is being undemocratically ruled by the minority. That is not democracy, and we need to change that. Packing the Supreme Court is a legal way to do that.

Just wait until he learns about Voter ID laws, felon voting laws, and who perpetuates them.