2020 Presidential Debates Round 1 - Game Thread

admo

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Pretty much any one of the other Democratic candidates would have done a better job than Biden.  Just like they did at the Democratic debates.

No they wouldn't have, because Trump would have done the exact same thing to Warren/Sanders/Harris/etc: drive the discussion into the lowest depths of intellect and discourse in an attempt to drag whomever was on the opposite side into the pit of mud and **** that he thrives in. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

28 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

No they wouldn't have, because Trump would have done the exact same thing to Warren/Sanders/Harris/etc: drive the discussion into the lowest depths of intellect and discourse in an attempt to drag whomever was on the opposite side into the pit of mud and **** that he thrives in. 

Oh I think Sanders would have done much better and really I think Joe did a good job.  But Sanders, while not a dynamic speaker, has a laid back but still sort of hard a$$ way about it.

• Plus1 1

My wife and I thought Wallace did as good of a job as possible under the conditions he was placed in. If he didn't have the power to mute the mic, then he really didn't have power to control the debate.  For the most part he kept his cool and really he and Biden had to do their best to deal with the raging bull in the other corner or should I say blathering idiot in the other corner. 

Trump displayed his full narcissistic personality last night.  Defensive, childish, lying, boastful, over the top self aggrandizing,  Trump's only goal wasn't  to say anything positive about policy, 2nd term goals.  We learned nothing new about his future plans.  His only goal was to keep Biden from out shining him with thoughtful proposals.  He did this wt his over the top rudiness.  It was hard for Biden to get into the flow of sharing his ideas.     So, in some ways Trump succeeded and all of us are the worse because of it.

America, do we want this kind of guy as president??  I've never seen such a unpresidential performance in my long life. We deserve better and more so  We Need Better. 

While Biden didn't get much of an opportunity to get into the flow of the debate,  at least he had some intelligent things to say. 

All in all, this debate showed that we have a child (and I don't mean to insult children - children are innocent, trump knew what he was doing)  as a president but worse off, our system is broken if this is the best we can do.

I believe this is applicable to the debate and to Trump's performance last night:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What exactly do people think Wallace could have done to do a better job?

I honestly don't know.  It's not like he had a mic mute button and just chose not to use it.  Chris did what he could.  I actually feel bad for him.  That crap show made him look bad, but I think he's actually a pretty good journalist.

• Plus1 2

Let me add something to my post above:  Lawlessness.   Trump touts himself as mr law and order.  However he is neither 'self governed' nor does he abide by the rules in which he has committed to.  He came into the debate with a plan to fully violate the rules to which he and his campaign had agreed to.  We have seen by his business dealings,  that he is believes the rules don't apply to him.  He is textbook narcissistic.   By his strategy, Trump drug America through dung hill and we all became stained by it.  We have a criminal, mob thug cult leader as president and we will only get worse if he is reelected.  

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I would say go ahead and have the VP debates if you want, but no more between Trump and Biden. That s***show from Trump last night was all I needed to see to know how the next would be like. 

I think the VP debate will be more respectful and more presidential.  It will probably make people think the wrong people are on the top of the ticket.

• Plus1 2