2020 Presidential Debates Round 1 - Game Thread

admo

“Will you shut up, man?”   This may go down in history as one of those debate quotes that stands the test of time - along with

many from Reagan, Lloyd Bentsen, JFK, etc. 

https://www.infoplease.com/us/government/elections/memorable-quotes-from-us-presidential-debates

https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-cracks-back-at-clown-trumps-interruptions-as-debate-derails-will-you-shut-up-man/

During Tuesday night’s presidential debate at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, moderator Chris Wallace presided over a chaotic opening segment that saw Trump put out a steady stream of patter as Biden tried to answer questions.

Trump began interrupting in earnest during a chunk on health care, declaring that Biden “just lost the left” by denying he’s in favor of Bernie Sanders’ health care policy.

As Trump continued to interrupt, Biden raised his arms and said, “Folks, do you have any idea what this clown’s doing?”

At one point, an exasperated Biden pointed at Trump and said, “You picked the wrong guy on the wrong night at the wrong time!”

As the segment progressed, Trump continued to interrupt, and Biden at one point turned and said,

“Will you shut up, man?”

When Wallace ended the segment, Biden cracked, “That was really a productive segment, wasn’t it?” then turned to Trump and said, “Keep yapping, man!”

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wallace had to know walking in that this was going to happen. There's zero chance they could allow Dear Leader to shoulder the blame for that shitshow. 

Ok, at first I didn't understand your comment.  You are right - Trump performance was a train wreck, dumpster fire all in one and all of the opinion talkers at Fox, and Rush, etc all have to give Trump some cover - thus blame Wallace.   The common comeback is that it was 2 vs 1. 

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wish these odds were put in the same form as horse racing fractions. (is it bad that I learned what those meant before I was 10)?

So...they are saying the chance of him winning got worse....right?

Yep.

A minus number indicates a favorite and the higher number is a heavier favorite.

In this case, -140 means you'd have to bet $140 to pull down $100.

So he got $15 less likely to win.

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wish these odds were put in the same form as horse racing fractions. (is it bad that I learned what those meant before I was 10)?

So...they are saying the chance of him winning got worse....right?

Yeah...so more people are betting against Trump getting elected.  So you have to bet 14 to win 10.

13 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Yep.

A minus number indicates a favorite and the higher number is a heavier favorite.

In this case, -140 means you'd have to bet $140 to pull down $100.

So he got $15 less likely to win.

Ha...you used 140 dollars...I used 14...which kind of shows how lame my wagers are!  

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

No they wouldn't have, because Trump would have done the exact same thing to Warren/Sanders/Harris/etc: drive the discussion into the lowest depths of intellect and discourse in an attempt to drag whomever was on the opposite side into the pit of mud and **** that he thrives in. 

Oh they absolutely would have.  Trump did exactly what you should do if you're debating a dementia patient.

Biden has enough trouble as it is keeping his train of though when speaking by himself, reading off a teleprompter. 

• Fire 2