Class of 2021 Walk-Ons

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm going to pretend he goes by Pete - Pete Wheeler (close enough on the last name) was low key the best player in Backyard Football. Pains me to say that because I loved me some Pablo Sanchez, but Pete was the fastest dude in the game. Give him the ball on Sweepers and rack up the TDs. Hopefully I am not the only one here in my age bracket and somebody else remembers.

19 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm going to pretend he goes by Pete - Pete Wheeler (close enough on the last name) was low key the best player in Backyard Football. Pains me to say that because I loved me some Pablo Sanchez, but Pete was the fastest dude in the game. Give him the ball on Sweepers and rack up the TDs. Hopefully I am not the only one here in my age bracket and somebody else remembers.

I played more baseball and he was a legit base runner and a surprisingly good pitcher. His best phrase was always, "I'm gonna hit me a touchdown!" :lol:

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, deedsker said:

I played more baseball and he was a legit base runner and a surprisingly good pitcher. His best phrase was always, "I'm gonna hit me a touchdown!" :lol:

Unstoppable on the base paths for sure! If we don't get this kid a Backyard Sports edit now that he committed, I will be very sad. Although not sure we do custom edits for preferred walk-ons.

11 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Did we pick the wrong in-state QB?  Payton seems like he'd have been a hell of a pick up.

Imagine if Haarberg was on that team. They would do just as well. Payton is physically superior to anyone he plays at this level. In college he will not be. Haarberg is a QB while Payton is an athlete playing QB.