Class of 2021 Walk-Ons

15 minutes ago, Decked said:

Some either really small FCS schools that I’ve never heard of or D2 from his Twitter 

Hopefully the coaches can turn him into a 4 star player or better over time.  It seems the DB play has been the most productive group thus far on the team.

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Hopefully the coaches can turn him into a 4 star player or better over time.  It seems the DB play has been the most productive group thus far on the team.

I love me some legacy players, but you don't count on any walk-on being a major contributor. Especially 4-star level, which to me is contending for all-conference recognition. Some pan out for sure and I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath. Even the success stories these days tend to have good FCS offers, not really bad DII schools. But he must have some talent because we have a tough time keeping the roster small enough, I don't think they just throw them out there to any legacy who wants to be on the team. We'll see.

27 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

At 6'1, if the reason he wasn't getting looks was because he was a step slow for a corner, safety and linebacker could use some slow corner speed. 

Sometimes moving DBs up to OLB can work - enabling them to be speed rushers plus being able to hang wt a Tight End  -- if they have the size or can add a bit of weight to their length wtout sacrificing speed.  I think this is what Tom did to turn his D around in 1992-93. 

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

At 6'1, if the reason he wasn't getting looks was because he was a step slow for a corner, safety and linebacker could use some slow corner speed. 

Word is he was injured his junior year and then with COVID his senior year severely limited what he had shown on the field and coaches being able to evaluate him.

But I couldn't even find a profile for him on Rivals or 247 so I don't know what the full story is.  Probably a project at best.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is this Ty's brother?

Indeed

The four-star recruit also won the National Football Foundation Curley Culp Defensive Lineman of the Year Award. He teamed up with his brother, Truitt, to take home Sports360AZ Best High School Football Celebration GIF honors as well.

https://sports360az.com/2018/12/ty-robinson-commitment/

Also, here's the celebration gif:

Robinson-Brothers-Higley-.gif

• Plus1 1