B1G COVID Testing Program

Mavric

• 3 weeks later...

I assumed with talk of the extra precautions we were taking to keep our players healthy, and Frost commenting earlier this summer that kids were safer here than elsewhere, that numbers on the team would be low. Then yesterday he said this: "We've already had enough on our team that have either tested positive or have antibodies that I think we've gotten to a place where we're a little bit less at risk."

I know they're not releasing the numbers, but it makes you wonder how many guys have tested positive. Anyone have any intel?

• Plus1 1
Just now, MinnwiscowaSker said:

I assumed with talk of the extra precautions we were taking to keep our players healthy, and Frost commenting earlier this summer that kids were safer here than elsewhere, that numbers on the team would be low. Then yesterday he said this: "We've already had enough on our team that have either tested positive or have antibodies that I think we've gotten to a place where we're a little bit less at risk."

I know they're not releasing the numbers, but it makes you wonder how many guys have tested positive. Anyone have any intel?

I heard that a good percentage of the guys had it this past spring/early summer but I don't know specific numbers.  The rumor is over 50% have the antibodies now.  The guys are fairly tight lipped about who did or didn't though.  

2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I heard that a good percentage of the guys had it this past spring/early summer but I don't know specific numbers.  The rumor is over 50% have the antibodies now.  The guys are fairly tight lipped about who did or didn't though.  

Sounds about right. I'm sure these guys weren't super careful March-September. Honestly it might benefit the B1G starting so late. Seems like most teams in our conf might have gotten past the big spreading events - or so I hope. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

I basically heard what @Hilltop stated.  This summer there were a lot of positive tests on the team.  Sounds like none of them had major complications and are over it now.

4 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Sounds about right. I'm sure these guys weren't super careful March-September. Honestly it might benefit the B1G starting so late. Seems like most teams in our conf might have gotten past the big spreading events - or so I hope. 

I think you're right. I guess the university's PR machine worked well, because local papers all talked about how safe everything was for the players, and how they were better off there than anywhere else. I read that enough that I was worried we'd go into the season with so many players who that never had it, then get some super spreader and the season is over. Now maybe we know why the university isn't releasing any numbers... because they don't fit the narrative.

Here's to hoping the Skers and the league can get through the season well. It's been a crazy year in CFB, so let's hope we get a couple of those good bounces and capitalize. GBR.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1