Nebraska @ Uzbekistan

Redux

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I fail to see how anything Frost has said in all of this deserves to be mocked.  He words and comments continue to be misrepresented in the national media.

It's as simple as clicks = $$$. What makes more people click on an article? "Frost says Huskers will play anytime, anywhere" or "Frost says Huskers would play Uzbekistan, what's the over/under?" And that sums up the internet as a whole.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

Uzbekistan Central State College is a program that I think we can beat, guys. Sure, their starting defensive end was named First Team All-Continent and their running back put up 302 yards on the ground against Turkmenistan last year...but I think we can take them.

This is all I needed to see...I am taking NU as my lock of the week!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If Scott Frost volunteered the word Uzbekistan, it's because he wanted to exaggerate the point. 

Of course it's the better headline. Also, the Internet mocks EVERYTHING. 

It's not like Frost was taken out of context, here.  

Well he did say they would go to Uzbekistan to play, not “play Uzbekistan”. So yeah, it was out of context or more accurately, a false quote. Either way, some of the reaction was funny.

• Haha 1