Political/Educational Movie Recommendations:

Okay, I know this is the political thread, but hear me out on this one, I thought this would be a great place to put in recommendations for Political Movies, older and newer that some people might otherwise overlook.

I'll start with the following, Dark Waters:

An amazing movie of a small town vs Dupont.  Really makes you think.

Years ago, my mom asked us if we have thrown out all our teflon pans, because of an article she read.  After seeing the movie, it comes in much clearer.

Also, this event should have been a wake up call for Flint Michigan

• Plus1 2

30 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Not really political, but I show Band of Brothers during my WWII unit every year, and if I could ever dream of pulling it off it, I'd show BlackKklansman during my Civil Rights unit. 

I thought that was a very good movie! Hell, show it regardless. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :D

6 minutes ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Marshall

a highly recommended movie based on a true story. 

Would be a great talking point for a class about racial inequality in the judicial system 

I will definitely see this movie.

I read this at the start of the pandemic this Spring when the wife and I were housebound, other than work. Great read.

image.png.7a9018c6fc9e7e821e2773f9bd48a28d.png

9 hours ago, funhusker said:

MyFellowAmericansMoviePoster.jpg

I was watching an interview with one of the actors from Grumpy Old Men and he was talking about how awesome Lemmon and Matthau were.  He said he went up to Matthau and "This script seems really good" and Matthau goes "Maybe kid, I am just here because I owe my bookie 2 million dollars"

9 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Not really political, but I show Band of Brothers during my WWII unit every year, and if I could ever dream of pulling it off it, I'd show BlackKklansman during my Civil Rights unit. 

Ha!  I show the concentration camp scene every year.

I wish I could show the entire series...

38 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  I show the concentration camp scene every year.

I wish I could show the entire series...

Yes! I try and time my unit up for when my English teacher friend teaches "Boy in the Striped Pajyamas". I've had kids cry and run out of the room during the concentration camp scene.