Serious Questions about the season Opener

44 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I have drunk the kool aid for the last 20 years.  Swallowed gallons of it last year.  Are they better, who knows?  No one.  Prove it on the field

As stated I made these plans before the season was reestablished. Not changing plans for what I feel will be another rout. 

I will check in after the game and see where we are at.  Hopefully he has turned it around, but thinking other programs do not improve at the same rate or faster rate than this team is what got us here in the first place.  

I hate doing this, but I will make you a bet.  Ohio State wins by three touch downs.  If they don't I will stay off the board for six months.  If they do Sker you stay off for a month.  Put you money where your mouth is.

Nebraska has a lot more room to improve than other teams though. For example, a 13-1 team that lost to the national champions has much less room to improve than a team that went 5-7. Obviously they can improve to champion level, but that only makes them a bit better than last year. Nebraska could improve to say west champion level which would make the game more competitive. So, even if other teams improve nebraska could still close the gap especially with their talent level. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, skersfan said:

I have drunk the kool aid for the last 20 years.  Swallowed gallons of it last year.  Are they better, who knows?  No one.  Prove it on the field

As stated I made these plans before the season was reestablished. Not changing plans for what I feel will be another rout. 

I will check in after the game and see where we are at.  Hopefully he has turned it around, but thinking other programs do not improve at the same rate or faster rate than this team is what got us here in the first place.  

I hate doing this, but I will make you a bet.  Ohio State wins by three touch downs.  If they don't I will stay off the board for six months.  If they do Sker you stay off for a month.  Put you money where your mouth is.

Bet a Costco membership for a year...or Candle of the Month subscription...Salmon of the Week...just throwing monetary values out there 

10 hours ago, skersfan said:

The spread opened at -21...way to go out on a limb there chief.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

We will see a week from now I guess.  No one hope's I am wrong more than me.  

Next Saturday I have a 33 mile mountain bike ride in one of the most beautiful places on earth, I am going to enjoy it and not even concern myself with football.  Pretty sure I won't have internet access until Monday.  I will come back and eat crow, and happily do so.  

But if past history is an indicator of how much improvement we make, I doubt many are going to be happy a week from Sunday.

So in other words, you are tired of the losing, expect them and have moved on already.  We're saying the same thing.  

Will it destroy my day, not a chance, as it used to.  Will I be sad about the loss, of course, but Nebraska football does not mean the same things it used to.  And as others have said I am hoping Coach Frost returns us to being respectable.  I have never expected championships or wins.  Just to be competitive in every game.  I know Osborne wasn't in every game, but we did expect that.

25 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Alert, non Nebraska football related.  

After watch the video I am far more concerned about this.  Crazy stuff happens in Utah and Arizona.  Camping there for four days.  Headed out Thursday morning.  Trying to grow eyes in the back of my head!!!!!!

If it makes you feel better the odds you run into a cougar are next to none. I've lived in Montana and Wyoming my entire life and camp a ton and I think I've seen two off in the distance. Also, this cougar isn't stalking that guy it's likely a mother trying to scare him away from her babies hidden somewhere. If a cougar is stalking you, you'll never even know until it's too late.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

If it makes you feel better the odds you run into a cougar are next to none. I've lived in Montana and Wyoming my entire life and camp a ton and I think I've seen two off in the distance. Also, this cougar isn't stalking that guy it's likely a mother trying to scare him away from her babies hidden somewhere. If a cougar is stalking you, you'll never even know until it's too late.

yeah if you watch the video he mentions it.  I also believe he made comments after that she was with her cubs

On 10/16/2020 at 9:10 PM, skersfan said:

Finally...something interesting happening in the football forum!

I want to make sure I understand the terms: Are you going to stay off the board for six months even if he doesn't take his side of the bet?

Honestly though, I don't want you to leave for six months; our poster count has gone down a lot as it is and we need as many people posting in the football forum as possible.