Serious Questions about the season Opener

51 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Alert, non Nebraska football related.  

After watch the video I am far more concerned about this.  Crazy stuff happens in Utah and Arizona.  Camping there for four days.  Headed out Thursday morning.  Trying to grow eyes in the back of my head!!!!!!

Definitely a bluff charge, the wide sweeping motion of the front legs say she has no intention of attacking unless you make the first move.  Just wants you to keep moving 

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

yeah if you watch the video he mentions it.  I also believe he made comments after that she was with her cubs

Haven't listened to the audio so didn't catch that. The news articles all say "stalking" or attacking or something sensational when that's not even close to what she;s doing.

9 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Haven't listened to the audio so didn't catch that. The news articles all say "stalking" or attacking or something sensational when that's not even close to what she;s doing.

I think he says something to the tune of "I'm not by your babies, go back to your babies".  and I agree with you.  Show me one animal that stalks prey like that and I'll show you an animal that is going to be hungry a lot.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think he says something to the tune of "I'm not by your babies, go back to your babies".  and I agree with you.  Show me one animal that stalks prey like that and I'll show you an animal that is going to be hungry a lot.

Awe gotcha! Dude really handled himself well you can't do it much better when it comes encountering a lion.

I ride a lot in wilderness areas.  I actually live next to one.  Have ran into a mountain lion, missed it by about 20 foot.  Sliding at her at a high rate of speed, and yelling like heck, it took off like a shot.  Also nearly hit a bear cub at night, missed it by about a foot.  Quit riding at night alone after that one.  

Appreciate the info on how to read her actions.  I saw mine for about 10 seconds.  We have a group of them living around are small community.  They have become quite brave, and I think hungry.  Fires have destroyed so much of their habitat.  They come into town and kill cats and dogs, llamas and goats.  One came in our kennel and attacked our dog about 5 years.  He made it, but was quite expensive.

California protects them, which I assume most states do.  We have to get a permit to kill one if it is attacking domestic animals.  The bad part is the forestry department will not move them.  They either die or move on on their own.  Sucks

As to this site losing posters, I have to agree.  This site only allows for one opinion.  If you don't agree with it, or have a different idea, you are not made to feel welcome.  It never used to be that way.  Most of the people that joined when I did are gone, never post anymore.  A lot of mods and even the site owners quit posting a long time ago.  There is a reason, and I don't think it is just because the Huskers are not winning like they used.  I have been a fan for over 60 years.  Used to be on this site every day, but seldom on it in the last two years.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thanks, I was going to ask this. 

I think if this is “over” we got a chance. If it’s under....no. 

I’m a total homer.  I’ll take the overs.  

I agree...if this hits the overs there is a chance.

My guess...1 turnover and 2 punts, tops.  

If this was a wager on my site I would take the unders.

I did tease the following

OSU -20

PSU -.5

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I agree...if this hits the overs there is a chance.

My guess...1 turnover and 2 punts, tops.  

If this was a wager on my site I would take the unders.

I did tease the following

OSU -20

PSU -5

Oh....if I’m betting...I’m taking the unders.  

Wasn’t it OSU That we went almost two games without their punter seeing the field?  And it wasn’t because we were getting turnovers.