Serious Questions about the season Opener

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

I am always amazed at how many husker fans don't watch husker games.  

Always thought you could rob a bank during a game because everyone was busy watching a game. 

I have noticed every patron at a Chinese buffet decked out in their purple and gold best while LSU is playing. In Louisiana of course. Same goes for Walmart. 

I will be mountain biking the Rainbow Rim trail on the north rim of the Grand Canyon that day. 

I drove back to Nebraska to watch the Ohio State game last year, not making that mistake again. 

More important things in life than watching a giant a$$ kicking again.  Hope for all that feel differently it turns out your way.  Until I see a corner turned, I am enjoying my last few years doing what I like.  Watching Nebraska getting jack hammered has become too often and too regular.

'

Again, hope I am totally wrong, but plans were made before the restart.  

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, teachercd said:

I am always amazed at how many husker fans don't watch husker games.  

You are? With most people's "analysis" on here coming from them reading a box score or what Uncle Ed said the Huskers looked like? I'm not surprised in the least, there are tons of "fans" or fanatics that won't even know the score until someone they know tells them.

Example

3 yard run up the middle on first down, responses from fans in the stands or the bar:

"Why would you even call that?"

Shrieking girl "OMG that was so bad"

"Pfft in the 90s that would have gone for 60 yards"

"This team is horrible."

All in the span of the offense lining up for 2nd and 7 and the play doing exactly what it was designed to do.  Then will come on the message board and spout off something about what they saw, which they probably didn't because they were doing something else.  If your kids have sports I get it.  If you went to a leisure activity and then think you have some great commentary on the game, tell your shrieking significant other that probably doesn't understand the first down run.  No one else cares

• Plus1 1
On 10/14/2020 at 11:21 PM, skersfan said:

I will be mountain biking the Rainbow Rim trail on the north rim of the Grand Canyon that day. 

I drove back to Nebraska to watch the Ohio State game last year, not making that mistake again. 

More important things in life than watching a giant a$$ kicking again.  Hope for all that feel differently it turns out your way.  Until I see a corner turned, I am enjoying my last few years doing what I like.  Watching Nebraska getting jack hammered has become too often and too regular.

'

just hoping we are competitive.

4 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

What I want to be is surprised.

I want to have the team play and have some breakout performers surprise the hell out of me.  One or two on defense or one or two on offense...preferably, one at least on each side.

A breakout performer can totally change a game...single handed sometimes.  Go look at Purdue's upset of the Ohio State and Rondale Moore for an example.

I want to see that happen.  It's been a long time since we saw something like this.

It's a new season. I'm all in... again

Kool-Aid.gif

• Plus1 1
On 10/14/2020 at 10:21 PM, skersfan said:

'

So Frost hasn't been accomplishing ANYTHING the past two offseasons with the team to make you think we might be better?.....

Why do you think Frost redshirts every player possible?

Cam Jurgens doesn't look the part physically of an offensive lineman compared to when Frost arrived?

A year's maturity in the weight room and with the playbook hasn't helped Luke McCaffrey immensely?

Same could be said for Bryce Bemhart, or Keem Green, or......

Give Frost some damn credit that he is making this team more physically ready for a DI season.

Hell, the last time we were potentially this physically ready to compete was under Osborne 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

So Frost hasn't been accomplishing ANYTHING the past two offseasons with the team to make you think we might be better?.....

Why do you think Frost redshirts every player possible?

Cam Jurgens doesn't look the part physically of an offensive lineman compared to when Frost arrived?

A year's maturity in the weight room and with the playbook hasn't helped Luke McCaffrey immensely?

Same could be said for Bryce Bemhart, or Keem Green, or......

Give Frost some damn credit that he is making this team more physically ready for a DI season.

Hell, the last time we were potentially this physically ready to compete was under Osborne 

Agree completely on all areas.  The Frost pressers looks like he has some confidence and the bodies of some of the big boys look like they want to proof something.  Now things may not go our way early in the season.... or maybe they will.  But to say that SF hasn't had gains with this team is only looking at the W/L column.  

• Plus1 2

I have drunk the kool aid for the last 20 years.  Swallowed gallons of it last year.  Are they better, who knows?  No one.  Prove it on the field

As stated I made these plans before the season was reestablished. Not changing plans for what I feel will be another rout. 

I will check in after the game and see where we are at.  Hopefully he has turned it around, but thinking other programs do not improve at the same rate or faster rate than this team is what got us here in the first place.  

I hate doing this, but I will make you a bet.  Ohio State wins by three touch downs.  If they don't I will stay off the board for six months.  If they do Sker you stay off for a month.  Put you money where your mouth is.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I have drunk the kool aid for the last 20 years.  Swallowed gallons of it last year.  Are they better, who knows?  No one.  Prove it on the field

As stated I made these plans before the season was reestablished. Not changing plans for what I feel will be another rout. 

I will check in after the game and see where we are at.  Hopefully he has turned it around, but thinking other programs do not improve at the same rate or faster rate than this team is what got us here in the first place.  

I hate doing this, but I will make you a bet.  Ohio State wins by three touch downs.  If they don't I will stay off the board for six months.  If they do Sker you stay off for a month.  Put you money where your mouth is.

Staying off the board is "putting your money where your mouth is?".....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1