Weight: 226

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date: September 9, 2006

Scholarships offered: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Miami (Fl), Nebraska

Favorites: LSU and Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #12/:star :star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: One of the best middle linebacker prospects in the country. Prototype LB with great instincts to get to the ball. Very good blitzer as well.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25% Lots of competition from the SEC

Per Rivals, we are now almost neck and neck with LSU for this kid.

He says he's working on setting up a visit, later in the year when it is cold (when CU comes to town, perhaps?).

Let's steal one back from LSU!!!

This kid already has a body to compete at the college level. I really hope that we can land this kid so that he can fill in and compete when the likes of Rudd, McKeon, and Octavien are gone.

Things have appeared to have gone very well over the weekend.

Updated:

Visit Date: September 9, 2006

Scholarships offered: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Miami (Fl), Nebraska

Favorites: LSU and Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #12/:star :star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: One of the best middle linebacker prospects in the country. Prototype LB with great instincts to get to the ball. Very good blitzer as well.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25%

He says NU beats LSU (where he has taken several unofficials) in every way.

He sounds real close to committing; he needs to talk it over with his mother.

I'd put him at 50%.

PS - he and Bo Williams got to know each other.

Awesome, get one, get the other. This kid sounds like a beast of a MLB. Hopefully they're both N. :power

Awesome, get one, get the other. This kid sounds like a beast of a MLB. Hopefully they're both N. :power

The thing that's just amazing about the whole thing is he has offers, written offers from many southern SEC schools and then there's Nebraska.

He says NU beats LSU (where he has taken several unofficials) in every way.

He sounds real close to committing; he needs to talk it over with his mother.

I'd put him at 50%.

Can't put him any hire. He says he's going to take other visits. If he gets through LSU and Florida without committing then we can up the %

I guess I've just heard this way to many times where a kid is close to committing and then nothing.

What really helps is that he's already been to LSU on numerous occasions, and he says Nebraska blows LSU away.

I'd love to see him and Dillard together for a couple of years...

What really helps is that he's already been to LSU on numerous occasions, and he says Nebraska blows LSU away.

Who's recruiting Earl? If he is already clearly acknowledging that LSU cannot compare to Nebraska than we should be all over getting this recruit. I like what I see. Git R Done!

:bonez

Nice video this kid seems like he can get to the QB fast!!!!! He's already a beast just imagine what our weight room would do for him!!!! :woo

West Virginia??? :wtf I don't even see West Virginia listed on his Rivals favorites. Still only one favorite listed above the others...NEBRAKSA! Surprised we have not seen him commit...we got some great OLB recruits and Patin thus fits ILB need. We need Earl the Pearl to be N! :hellloooo

Any word on where Patin is going next year?

I have no idea about this kid anymore. From everything I have heard we are leading and he considers us better than LSU. But it doesn't mean he likes us more than Clemson, Florida, or West Virginia all schools that he is going to or has visited(not really sure who). Being the optimist that I am I think we are going to get him on signing day.

And another note, he is now listed on the rivals top 250 which would make him a 4*.

Here is the link: http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...mp;pr_key=47223

I don't know about you guys but I wanted this guy before but now I really want him.

:bonez:bonez:bonez

Any word on where Patin is going next year?

I have no idea about this kid anymore. From everything I have heard we are leading and he considers us better than LSU. But it doesn't mean he likes us more than Clemson, Florida, or West Virginia all schools that he is going to or has visited(not really sure who). Being the optimist that I am I think we are going to get him on signing day.

And another note, he is now listed on the rivals top 250 which would make him a 4*.

Here is the link: http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...mp;pr_key=47223

I don't know about you guys but I wanted this guy before but now I really want him.

:bonez:bonez:bonez

His stock is definitely on the rise and NU has been on him a long time(I think he visited for the Nicholls St. game). He would be an awesome addition to this class(I think we could use another LB prospect).

His stock is definitely on the rise and NU has been on him a long time(I think he visited for the Nicholls St. game). He would be an awesome addition to this class(I think we could use another LB prospect).

Same here. I really want this kid to come to Nebraska. He would round out an already great recruiting class.

Not looking good with Patin...found this free info. at Husker Journal site. http://www.huskerjournal.com/recruiting.html

JANUARY 22, 2007. PREP STAR

EARL PATIN, linebacker from Baton Rouge (Southern Lab), Louisiana, has offers from Nebraska, Alabama, Miami, LSU, West Virginia and others.

"Right now I favor Alabama and West Virginia." said Patin, "I like Alabama because they will turn the program around with Sabin. Coach Thompson (Alabama) is recruiting me, he came over from Central Florida."

"Alabama is a four hour drive from home, I will visit them January 26." he said, "I don't have a day set up for West Virginia yet. It looks like it will be during the week."

"Miami has a new coach and will turn the program around." said Patin, "I have a chance to play early there. Miami wants me to come on a visit Super Bowl week-end (Feb 2)."

"LSU and Nebraska offered me early on, but I don't hear from either school now." he said, "Nebraska is little bit out of it, Coach Elmassian use to keep contact with me."

I thought we had this guy but after awhile it got suspicious when he didn't commit and spaces were running out...sounds like he will go to the wire before he decides...is there a chance still left? :dunno

Sounds very doubtful................someone obviously dropped the ball on this one!!!! :angry:

I think that someone you are referring to is Patin. I can't remember off the top of my head but it was one of two scenarios:

1. He expressed in not so many words that he wouldn't be leaving the south

-or-

2. His grades are not quite there yet.

I think it was #2 why we backed off. We're pretty much done with our class unless Peters wants N.