LB Earl Patin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...

Any word on where Patin is going next year?

I have no idea about this kid anymore. From everything I have heard we are leading and he considers us better than LSU. But it doesn't mean he likes us more than Clemson, Florida, or West Virginia all schools that he is going to or has visited(not really sure who). Being the optimist that I am I think we are going to get him on signing day.

And another note, he is now listed on the rivals top 250 which would make him a 4*.

Here is the link: http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...mp;pr_key=47223

I don't know about you guys but I wanted this guy before but now I really want him.

:bonez:bonez:bonez

Any word on where Patin is going next year?

I have no idea about this kid anymore. From everything I have heard we are leading and he considers us better than LSU. But it doesn't mean he likes us more than Clemson, Florida, or West Virginia all schools that he is going to or has visited(not really sure who). Being the optimist that I am I think we are going to get him on signing day.

And another note, he is now listed on the rivals top 250 which would make him a 4*.

Here is the link: http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...mp;pr_key=47223

I don't know about you guys but I wanted this guy before but now I really want him.

:bonez:bonez:bonez

His stock is definitely on the rise and NU has been on him a long time(I think he visited for the Nicholls St. game). He would be an awesome addition to this class(I think we could use another LB prospect).

His stock is definitely on the rise and NU has been on him a long time(I think he visited for the Nicholls St. game). He would be an awesome addition to this class(I think we could use another LB prospect).

Same here. I really want this kid to come to Nebraska. He would round out an already great recruiting class.

Not looking good with Patin...found this free info. at Husker Journal site. http://www.huskerjournal.com/recruiting.html

JANUARY 22, 2007. PREP STAR

EARL PATIN, linebacker from Baton Rouge (Southern Lab), Louisiana, has offers from Nebraska, Alabama, Miami, LSU, West Virginia and others.

"Right now I favor Alabama and West Virginia." said Patin, "I like Alabama because they will turn the program around with Sabin. Coach Thompson (Alabama) is recruiting me, he came over from Central Florida."

"Alabama is a four hour drive from home, I will visit them January 26." he said, "I don't have a day set up for West Virginia yet. It looks like it will be during the week."

"Miami has a new coach and will turn the program around." said Patin, "I have a chance to play early there. Miami wants me to come on a visit Super Bowl week-end (Feb 2)."

"LSU and Nebraska offered me early on, but I don't hear from either school now." he said, "Nebraska is little bit out of it, Coach Elmassian use to keep contact with me."

I thought we had this guy but after awhile it got suspicious when he didn't commit and spaces were running out...sounds like he will go to the wire before he decides...is there a chance still left? :dunno