LB Earl Patin

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps we stopped recruiting him??

In light of what is going on over at the Travis Lewis thread, I sure hope we didn't stop recruiting him. He had us as his favorite for the majority of the time.

Some are saying he won't qualify so if that is the case I understand. But why would he then go to Baylor...isn't that a pretty tough school to qualify? I am asking because I don't know but I always thought Baylor was very tough academically.

I'm almost positive Baylor is a pretty good academic school?! :dunno

In light of what is going on over at the Travis Lewis thread, I sure hope we didn't stop recruiting him. He had us as his favorite for the majority of the time.

Some are saying he won't qualify so if that is the case I understand. But why would he then go to Baylor...isn't that a pretty tough school to qualify? I am asking because I don't know but I always thought Baylor was very tough academically.

If you have grades to get into any NCAA institution then you can get into Baylor if they want you to. Each school sets their own admission requirements above and beyond what NCAA mandates the kicker is every school can make an exception to their admission requirements (within NCAA standards) for an excepional talent (if you were the greatest math mind in the history of the world but you didn't have the grade in english that Baylor says you need are they going to turn you away? No because you will bring notoriety to that school which means more money). The talent can be anything that the school wants it to be. Great musician, bandmarcherguy, nudebodychick, and yes football player.

Not every school does it (Harvard, I believe, does not give any athletic scholly's out so they aren't inclined to make any exceptions), but every school can.

If you have grades to get into any NCAA institution then you can get into Baylor if they want you to. Each school sets their own admission requirements above and beyond what NCAA mandates the kicker is every school can make an exception to their admission requirements (within NCAA standards) for an excepional talent (if you were the greatest math mind in the history of the world but you didn't have the grade in english that Baylor says you need are they going to turn you away? No because you will bring notoriety to that school which means more money). The talent can be anything that the school wants it to be. Great musician, bandmarcherguy, nudebodychick, and yes football player.

Not every school does it (Harvard, I believe, does not give any athletic scholly's out so they aren't inclined to make any exceptions), but every school can.

most school that have exemptions only have a limited # of them. I have heard coach altman complain about this numerous times...

Football? Academics? :rollin:rollin:rollin

wait i thought he just commited to baylor? now hes looking at nebraska again?

makes more sense than guys who are commited to a school almost all season than on the final day switch schools.... With Travis Lewis decommiting he may see a spot for himself here :bonez I would take Patin over Lewis just because of size and mentality... Lewis wasnt even a LB is highschool