Censorship

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

The two parts of your post perfectly contradict each other because of the ambiguousness of "overlords".

how?

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

So you don't believe in small government?

We learned when a private corporation gets so powerful that they become their own pseudo-government, the elected gov has to reign them in.  We already went through this in the Industrial Age. 

• Plus1 3
18 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I stop right here. If you want the overlords to take care of you and decide what's true then you don't really believe in free speech at all.

What's the matter? Is all this talk about stopping disinformation and reining in alt right propaganda and batsh#t crazy conspiracy theories making you nervous? Afraid your "sources" are going to be impacted....maybe put you out of a job? :lol::lol::lol:

Don't mistake the laughy faces for me not being serious.

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

What's the matter? Is all this talk about stopping disinformation and reigning in alt right propaganda and batsh#t crazy conspiracy theories making you nervous? Afraid your "sources" are going to be impacted....maybe put you out of a job? :lol::lol::lol:

Don't mistake the laughy faces for me not being serious.

Exactly, only right wing voices must be reigned in.  Left wing propaganda is always allowed. 

• Plus1 4
8 hours ago, deedsker said:

Is he wrong?

I'm not sure what specifically he's laughing at but if he would like to say that Stormy, Muller, Tax fraud, bankruptcy, golf outings, Ivanka patents, Kushner slum Lords, Melania disparaging Christmas decor and migrant children, s#!t hole countries, grab em by the pu&&y, Sharpie on a weather map, and on and on are false. Well I got news for him...

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm not sure what specifically he's laughing at but if he would like to say that Stormy, Muller, Tax fraud, bankruptcy, golf outings, Ivanka patents, Kushner slum Lords, Melania disparaging Christmas decor and migrant children, s#!t hole countries, grab em by the pu&&y, Sharpie on a weather map, and on and on are false. Well I got news for him...

I took it as a acceptance laugh. I now may retract that position.

Sorry to have interrupted.

image.gif.c6aa09ec607eeb8fe6740b7a08fe7059.gif

• Haha 1

Facebook Censors the Babylon Bee

FYI the Babylon Bee is a conservative version of The Onion, which is a middle class version of the National Enquirer tabloid.  Last Wednesday, the Bee ran a story with the headline, "Senator Hirono Demands ACB Be Weighed Against A Duck To See If She Is A Witch," alluding to the intense grilling Barrett faced from Hawaii's junior senator, who asked the judge if she had ever "sexually assaulted" anyone and scolded the nominee for using the term "sexual preference" to describe the LGBTQ community, which Barrett apologized for...

Dillon then slammed the tech giant for allowing an inciteful quote from a Black Lives Matter leader, who called to "burn down this system" if change isn't made amid the civil unrest, but is cracking down on "Monty Python" humor.

Just when you thought the Enemies of Freedom hit rock bottom, they start drilling.  

• Fire 2
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

FYI the Babylon Bee is a conservative version of The Onion, which is a middle class version of the National Enquirer tabloid.  Last Wednesday, the Bee ran a story with the headline, "Senator Hirono Demands ACB Be Weighed Against A Duck To See If She Is A Witch," alluding to the intense grilling Barrett faced from Hawaii's junior senator, who asked the judge if she had ever "sexually assaulted" anyone and scolded the nominee for using the term "sexual preference" to describe the LGBTQ community, which Barrett apologized for...

Dillon then slammed the tech giant for allowing an inciteful quote from a Black Lives Matter leader, who called to "burn down this system" if change isn't made amid the civil unrest, but is cracking down on "Monty Python" humor.

Just when you thought the Enemies of Freedom hit rock bottom, they start drilling.  

Maybe they were just protecting Trump from seeing it and thinking it was a real story and then looking like a dumbass for complaining about it :dunno

FYI: Babylon Bee articles can still be seen here in their entirety: babylonbee.com

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Note that Facebook demonetized the Babylon Bee but did not censor them. Seems like Facebook does not understand satire and has egg on its face, but you're really reaching for "Enemies of Freedom".

Facebook moves to demonetize Christian satirical site The Babylon Bee

For the third time this year, the Christian satirical website The Babylon Bee has run afoul of social media giants, with Facebook demonetizing the site Tuesday.

Facebook ruled that a joke lifted from the 1975 movie “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” about witches and ducks “incites violence.”