Censorship

Yeah...the fbi is such a group of liberals.  

This morning, we received more than 30 pages of material from the FBI illustrating a remarkable disparity in its treatment of its employees: Five employees, the documents show, have been disciplined for private communications using government devices in which they have criticized President Trump. But none, at least not since 2011, has been disciplined for similar conduct with respect to presidential candidates Hillary Clinton or Mitt Romney, or President Barack Obama—or for praising Trump.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/31/2020 at 8:02 AM, Danny Bateman said:

This cuts both ways.

Big Tech algorithms manipulate people equally depending on what info we feed them and they've been soft-peddling stuff radicalizing Republicans like blatantly false Trump ads and QAnon/pizzagate and white supremacist propaganda for a long time.

They've largely been letting the right run around and do whatever they want on their platforms. They want their ad revenue, too.

They allow ad-buying which may count as "manipulation" to the anti-speech crowd.  I haven't heard anyone suggest that search results are manipulated in a way that goes against what Big Tech wants you to see. 

On 10/31/2020 at 1:01 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah...the fbi is such a group of liberals.  

This morning, we received more than 30 pages of material from the FBI illustrating a remarkable disparity in its treatment of its employees: Five employees, the documents show, have been disciplined for private communications using government devices in which they have criticized President Trump. But none, at least not since 2011, has been disciplined for similar conduct with respect to presidential candidates Hillary Clinton or Mitt Romney, or President Barack Obama—or for praising Trump.

Because there's a new sheriff in town and social media is more wide spread. 

Outside the gov people get fired for criticizing the left every week.  The 1st amendment does not apply to most private businesses.  It's hard to find an example in the other direction, especially not with big companies. 

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'm always amused by the free speech crowd that views criticism as censorship:

Where does Cawthorn say he was censored.

Actual censorship

PayPal sent McNeil an email saying he violated their User Agreement, though without any explanation of how he did so.

“After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found a potential risk associated with it. You’ll not be able to use PayPal to send and receive money or shop online,” one message said. “We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services,” another message said.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

By implying/agreeing there is censorship With big tech and Republicans should cry about Parler too

By pointing out that Republicans don't really care about censorship, it's just whining about the other side or how unfair life is. "What's good for me but not for thee."

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

By pointing out that Republicans don't really care about censorship, it's just whining about the other side or how unfair life is. "What's good for me but not for thee."

Like i previously said, glad Moss is on board now.  Look forward to how he works to help stop censorship in the future. 

• Plus1 1