Censorship

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Are you asking why it's a "big deal" that radicalized Trump supporters broke into the federal U.S. Capitol building, vandalized property, attacked and killed law enforcement, and threatened our democracy?

I was with you until you said threatened our democracy.   That rag tag group of mostly unarmed (guns) had a zero percent chance of destroying our system of government.  I would put it at less than zero if it were possible.

• Plus1 2

Just now, Archy1221 said:

I was with you until you said threatened our democracy.   That rag tag group of mostly unarmed (guns) had a zero percent chance of destroying our system of government.  I would put it at less than zero if it were possible.

you do realize they were about 60 seconds from capturing members of congress and mike pence.   they had a gallows set up outside for some of their favorite targets...including mike pence since he didn't go along with trumps plan.   

• Plus1 2
Just now, Archy1221 said:

The act of rioting and vandalizing the U.S. Capitol during an official election event, for the purpose of causing disruption in the event and/or preventing it from happening, is a threat to democracy.

A threat to democracy does not mean they were going to "destroy our system." I think you're hyperbolizing what I'm trying to say. Voter fraud is a threat to democracy, but that doesn't mean an isolated incident of it will destroy our system. Hopefully that clears up my perspective.

Additionally, it still begs the question why someone would ask the ludicrous question of why it was a "big deal."

• Plus1 4
10 minutes ago, commando said:

if you believe that....send a check to stop the steal ASAP.   donald needs more $ and only you and the rest of the idiot patrol can help him

facistfa has a history of disguising themselves as veterans, mothers, or in the gear of Patriots.

But don't let this  ---> https://www.foxnews.com/us/activist-gas-mask-said-he-had-knife-capitol-riot-feds get in the way of your conspiracy theory.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The act of rioting and vandalizing the U.S. Capitol during an official election event, for the purpose of causing disruption in the event and/or preventing it from happening, is a threat to democracy.

A threat to democracy does not mean they were going to "destroy our system." I think you're hyperbolizing what I'm trying to say. Voter fraud is a threat to democracy, but that doesn't mean an isolated incident of it will destroy our system. Hopefully that clears up my perspective.

Additionally, it still begs the question why someone would ask the ludicrous question of why it was a "big deal."

Did you feel the same when radical insurrectionists besieged  and terrorized the capital building during the Kavanaugh hearings?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Biden is the democratically elected president.

These people went to the Capitol the day the Electoral College votes put to bed any question of that with the express purpose of forcing Pence to capitulate to trump's wish to unilaterally throw out the Electoral College results and keep him in the White House. Zip-tie guys weren't there to play around.

That's a threat to our democracy any way you slice it.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, ScarletRevival said:

facistfa has a history of disguising themselves as veterans, mothers, or in the gear of Patriots.

But don't let this  ---> https://www.foxnews.com/us/activist-gas-mask-said-he-had-knife-capitol-riot-feds get in the way of your conspiracy theory.

quick...send all your money to trump to save the vote.  there is no time to spare.  trump needs that money now.  don't fail dear leader in his time of need or you will go on the list.

3 minutes ago, ScarletRevival said:

I'm not shocked, zero substance.

you wouldn't know substance if it slapped you in the face.   you buy the drivel trump pushes even in the face of trump fanatics storming the capitol and killing policemen.   you are lost in the cult and refuse to see real "substance"   all you can see is what dear leader tells you.

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It definitely is a big deal that people were able to enter the capital like that.  

I believe ‘threat to our democracy’ is a very vague term and therefor not the correct term to use IMO. 
 How big of threat?  Were we in danger of being taken over as a country? Was our system of government going to change? Was the transfer of power not going to happen?  What was the actual threat that would have changed any material way this country runs?  

I just think that term is a little hyperbole. Just my personnel opinion.  And for the clowns in the room, no I’m not downplaying anything that happened.  

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, ScarletRevival said:

Did you feel the same when radical insurrectionists besieged  and terrorized the capital building during the Kavanaugh hearings?

Stop trying to make a diversion. You answer mine, I'll answer yours.

Additionally, it still begs the question why someone would ask the ludicrous question of why it was a "big deal?"

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Biden is the democratically elected president.

Debatable.

These people went to the Capitol the day the Electoral College votes put to bed any question of that with the express purpose of forcing Pence to capitulate to trump's wish to unilaterally throw out the Electoral College results and keep him in the White House. 

This is the first I've heard of this.

That's a threat to our democracy any way you slice it.

Tell me if you've heard this before: "Some people did something. Mostly peaceful."

At least these folks went to the right spot, they took it to the people who wrongfully think of themselves as our ruling class.

It's not like they were burning churches, houses, or the businesses of some poor people who were having a tough enough time making ends meet due to draconian lockdowns.

5 minutes ago, commando said:

when did you start supporting killing them?

Please show me where I ever said that killing police officers is ok?

• Plus1 1