Censorship

16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It definitely is a big deal that people were able to enter the capital like that.  

I believe ‘threat to our democracy’ is a very vague term and therefor not the correct term to use IMO. 
 How big of threat?  Were we in danger of being taken over as a country? Was our system of government going to change? Was the transfer of power not going to happen?  What was the actual threat that would have changed any material way this country runs?  

I just think that term is a little hyperbole. Just my personnel opinion.  And for the clowns in the room, no I’m not downplaying anything that happened.  

I think the "threat to democracy" lies in letting any of these attackers off the hook.  Americans need to know that forcing/stopping government business through physical attacks will not be tolerated.

Just because it was a poor excuse of coup attempt, doesn't make it not a coup attempt.  

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I think the "threat to democracy" lies in letting any of these attackers off the hook.  Americans need to know that forcing/stopping government business through physical attacks will not be tolerated.

Just because it was a poor excuse of coup attempt, doesn't make it not a coup attempt.  

Agree here

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

Sounds like facistfa dressing in disguise to me.

As far as Trump supporters in DC on Jan 6th, what's the big deal?

It was just some people doing something, mostly peaceful.

The left has been cheering, egging on, supporting, and raising bail money for domestic terrorists since late May. Heels up Harris was leading the pack.

Hey bro, when this pandemic moves on grab a passport, travel the world, go to the backwater villages of places that Dear Leader refers to as "s#!t hole countries" and let it all soak in.  Then ask yourself why? 

If the concept that totalitarian corruption doesn't come to mind, you can't see the similarities between your idol and the despots in said countries, and if you can't sniff out the actions and intentions of a malignant narcissist, then I can't help you. I have a hunch you won't.  It's better to get your view from BFE Merika, huh?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, RedDenver said:

It's premature.  You would need a lot of investigation to determine the level of collusion between the tech companies and the government. 

9 hours ago, commando said:

nobody....and i mean NOBODY....want's to be associated with people who tried to overthrow the United States of America

But that's not what's happening.  The corporations are using intimidation to demand conformity to their world view.  Very intolerant and the Left used to scream back when business was conservative.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Enhance said:

Stop trying to make a diversion. You answer mine, I'll answer yours.

It's not a diversion.  If a political riot in the Capitol is a 'threat to democracy' then so iz an 'autonomous zone' in Seattle.  If they were trying to 'intimidate Pence' then the Kavanaugh Clownshow was intimidation.  D's reactions ranged from smug to outright approval. 

On the bright side, everyone is almost on the same page now.   til now the Left had caused all of the riots, now I have to say something awkward like 95% of recent lawlessness.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It's premature.  You would need a lot of investigation to determine the level of collusion between the tech companies and the government. 

But that's not what's happening.  The corporations are using intimidation to demand conformity to their world view.  Very intolerant and the Left used to scream back when business was conservative.

storming the capitol was intended to stop the counting of the electoral votes.   WTF do you think it was intended to do if not steal the vote for Trump?    trump and his lawyers had 67 chances to prove their claims in court that the election wasn't fair and every time they declined to provide any evidence.   when they were told they had no standing that was the judges telling them "get out of here with this Bulls#!t and don't come back without evidence".   the judges didn't buy the BS.   trump convinced you with his Big Lie and you keep eating the BS up and asking for more.   

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, commando said:

storming the capitol was intended to stop the counting of the electoral votes.   WTF do you think it was intended to do if not steal the vote for Trump?    trump and his lawyers had 67 chances to prove their claims in court that the election wasn't fair and every time they declined to provide any evidence.   when they were told they had no standing that was the judges telling them "get out of here with this Bulls#!t and don't come back without evidence".   the judges didn't buy the BS.   trump convinced you with his Big Lie and you keep eating the BS up and asking for more.   

You do know that opppression is often pretexted on "the insurrectionists".  Governments use one disturbance as an excuse to attack an entire society of political opponents.

Try the shoe on the other foot.  Imagine the day after 10 antifa rioters toppled a statue a corporation fired anyone seen at the 10,000 person protest.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You do know that opppression is often pretexted on "the insurrectionists".  Governments use one disturbance as an excuse to attack an entire society of political opponents.

Try the shoe on the other foot.  Imagine the day after 10 antifa rioters toppled a statue a corporation fired anyone seen at the 10,000 person protest.

you and trump are heros of the revolution?  against the current government that still has mitch Mcconnel and the republicans in charge of the senate, trump as president, and a 6-3 majority in the SC?

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You're mad that people who stormed the Capitol resulting in five deaths, including a peace officer, are being fired? 

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're mad that people who stormed the Capitol resulting in five deaths, including a peace officer, are being fired? 

23 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The only people being fired are the people in the capitol.  There are “10,000” people that protested on Jan 6 that have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Only your America-hating allies that attacked the Capitol are finding themselves in a tough spot.  And In my opinion, not tough enough.

• Plus1 5
9 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The only people being fired are the people in the capitol.  There are “10,000” people that protested on Jan 6 that have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Only your America-hating allies that attacked the Capitol are finding themselves in a tough spot.  And In my opinion, not tough enough.

I've tried to express this view to some of my more conservative friends and family. The large percentage of folks who chanted and marched, are not and will not be charged, nor should they be. The small percentage that forcibly entered the Capitol should be, and should not express shock that they are. Completely aligns with my views of any protests that turned to riots over the summer. Large percentage of marchers and chants with small percentage of looters and arsonists. 

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I've tried to express this view to some of my more conservative friends and family. The large percentage of folks who chanted and marched, are not and will not be charged, nor should they be. The small percentage that forcibly entered the Capitol should be, and should not express shock that they are. Completely aligns with my views of any protests that turned to riots over the summer. Large percentage of marchers and chants with small percentage of looters and arsonists. 

Yep.

• Plus1 1