Censorship

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

You're mad that people who stormed the Capitol resulting in five deaths, including a peace officer, are being fired? 

6 hours ago, funhusker said:

The only people being fired are the people in the capitol.  There are “10,000” people that protested on Jan 6 that have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Only your America-hating allies that attacked the Capitol are finding themselves in a tough spot.  And In my opinion, not tough enough.

They are getting fired, harassed, and black listed.  Some majors Ds have called for the dictatorial no-fly list.  Just because the oppressor isn't on official government payroll doesn't make it just fine. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

They are getting fired, harassed, and black listed.  Some majors Ds have called for the dictatorial no-fly list.  Just because the oppressor isn't on official government payroll doesn't make it just fine. 

This is flat out wrong and idiotic.  Clownish post.

11 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I've tried to express this view to some of my more conservative friends and family. The large percentage of folks who chanted and marched, are not and will not be charged, nor should they be. The small percentage that forcibly entered the Capitol should be, and should not express shock that they are. Completely aligns with my views of any protests that turned to riots over the summer. Large percentage of marchers and chants with small percentage of looters and arsonists. 

If only everyone felt this way.  This is so simple to understand.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You do know that opppression is often pretexted on "the insurrectionists".  Governments use one disturbance as an excuse to attack an entire society of political opponents.

Try the shoe on the other foot.  Imagine the day after 10 antifa rioters toppled a statue a corporation fired anyone seen at the 10,000 person protest.

imagine if you will.....joe biden has a rally in washington DC.....he and his fellow dems fire the crowd up to march over to the capitol to "persuade" republicans to do a certain thing.    they use terms like fight, be strong, you will never win your government back, trial by combat, and other such language.   the crowd then storms the capitol.   they kill a cop and send dozens of other cops to the hospitals.    they chant "hang Mitch" wjile they have a noose set up outside.   several guns and tasers are confiscated during the assault.   pipe bombs and home made molotov cocktails with melted styrofoam in them (to make it stick like napalm) are confiscated..     would you consider those people heros of the revolution?

• Plus1 2
On 1/16/2021 at 3:12 AM, Notre Dame Joe said:

It's not a diversion.

Yes, it is. It's a red herring tactic. He injected what he believed to be a correlative topic in order to avoid answering the question.

This type of nonsensical argument strategy may be something you find amusing but I'm not going to give it free passage. Literally every political argument could turn into a circular discussion of 'oh, they did this, but what about that!?'. It's lazy, mindless fodder. Not every discussion has to turn into a battle of determining who is more hypocritical than who.

There's more than one way to threaten democracy, but not all threats to democracy are created equal, and anybody attempting to compare what happened on Jan. 6th to the Kavanaugh situation is comparing a mountain to a mole hill.

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Insurrectionist 

kick them all out....dem or republican.   there is also the fact a lot of the republicans also helped gin up the crowd that stormed the capitol.   i don't recall anything like that happening with the dems...but i can't remember what i had for lunch yesterday either so please remind me and provide examples for me of dems storming the capitol and killing policemen from elections being questioned before.  thanks.

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Insurrectionist 

I'm guessing we'd have had the same hue & cry over these votes as we do today if there had been a coordinated armed attack on a sitting session of Congress to force the issue physically rather than making a metaphorical voting protest.

Kind of like when I beat my wife in cards and she says, "I'm gonna kill you" is a lot different than her shooting at me while saying "I'm gonna kill you."

I get there's this need to "same thing" the events of 1/6 so Republicans can shed whatever shame they may naturally feel after supporting trump in his coup attempt, but these are not similar actions.

• Plus1 3
27 minutes ago, commando said:

kick them all out....dem or republican.   there is also the fact a lot of the republicans also helped gin up the crowd that stormed the capitol.   i don't recall anything like that happening with the dems...but i can't remember what i had for lunch yesterday either so please remind me and provide examples for me of dems storming the capitol and killing policemen from elections being questioned before.  thanks.

I don’t think they asked anyone to storm the Capital.  However, people all over including this site are saying whoever voted against certifying EC results are part of the insurrection, are a threat to Democracy, and hate America, should be expelled from Congress, and should be censored from society.   I think the tweeter asks A good question, where was the outrage back then?

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm guessing we'd have had the same hue & cry over these votes as we do today if there had been a coordinated armed attack on a sitting session of Congress to force the issue physically rather than making a metaphorical voting protest.

Kind of like when I beat my wife in cards and she says, "I'm gonna kill you" is a lot different than her shooting at me while saying "I'm gonna kill you."

I get there's this need to "same thing" the events of 1/6 so Republicans can shed whatever shame they may naturally feel after supporting trump in his coup attempt, but these are not similar actions.

Maybe you are mis-remembering the violent actions in DC on Inauguration Day in Jan 2017 ginned up by Democrats.  

• Plus1 2