Censorship

7 hours ago, Enhance said:

Yes, it is. It's a red herring tactic. He injected what he believed to be a correlative topic in order to avoid answering the question.

This type of nonsensical argument strategy may be something you find amusing but I'm not going to give it free passage. Literally every political argument could turn into a circular discussion of 'oh, they did this, but what about that!?'. It's lazy, mindless fodder. Not every discussion has to turn into a battle of determining who is more hypocritical than who.

There's more than one way to threaten democracy, but not all threats to democracy are created equal, and anybody attempting to compare what happened on Jan. 6th to the Kavanaugh situation is comparing a mountain to a mole hill.

But the difference is not how much restraint the mob had or whose loons are more threatening.  It was how mobs were restrained by the legitimate authorities.  If the dunderheads in Washington had been prepared for mob that they had to know was coming, this story is about a scuffle between Trump-demonstrators and police at the capitol steps, buried under the adulations for Biden's official win

Put the shoe on the other foot.  If Washington DC was a red dot run by Rs who just like seeing Ds get bullied but just wish their loons would tone it down . . . the mob might have occupied the Capitol for a week or so, with only a few scapegoat arrests.  

As is the Left is seeing this as an opportunity to crush all of their political enemies.  

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

But the difference is not how much restraint the mob had or whose loons are more threatening.  It was how mobs were restrained by the legitimate authorities.  If the dunderheads in Washington had been prepared for mob that they had to know was coming, this story is about a scuffle between Trump-demonstrators and police at the capitol steps, buried under the adulations for Biden's official win

Put the shoe on the other foot.  If Washington DC was a red dot run by Rs who just like seeing Ds get bullied but just wish their loons would tone it down . . . the mob might have occupied the Capitol for a week or so, with only a few scapegoat arrests.  

As is the Left is seeing this as an opportunity to crush all of their political enemies.  

and if we don't watch out...all those evil liberal pigeons that crap on confederate statues will start crapping on conservatives also.

50 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

81c636be781eaec18b33f2bb22d96b4a.gif

• Haha 3
43 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I agree.

However, that's not what happened, and that's why it makes Scarlet Revival's attempts at comparison asinine. The fabric of these situations are so cataclysmically different that discussing them as if they're on an equal playing field would make all of us more unintelligent for it. And, again, it's nothing more than a red herring.

As someone who is neither liberal or conservative, it seems like the vast majority of your arguments usually devolve into R's vs. D's, or trying to compare something perceived as 'bad' among the D's to something perceived as 'bad' among the R's.

The amount of rent free space R's and D's take up in one another's heads is astounding.

• Plus1 3

10 hours ago, Enhance said:

I agree.

However, that's not what happened, and that's why it makes Scarlet Revival's attempts at comparison asinine. The fabric of these situations are so cataclysmically different that discussing them as if they're on an equal playing field would make all of us more unintelligent for it. And, again, it's nothing more than a red herring.

As someone who is neither liberal or conservative, it seems like the vast majority of your arguments usually devolve into R's vs. D's, or trying to compare something perceived as 'bad' among the D's to something perceived as 'bad' among the R's.

The amount of rent free space R's and D's take up in one another's heads is astounding.

I don't see many non-partisan policy discussions.  I don't think I've seen any take place on a sports message board. 

• Plus1 1
On 1/18/2021 at 4:54 AM, Notre Dame Joe said:

I don't see many non-partisan policy discussions.  I don't think I've seen any take place on a sports message board. 

You aren't looking at the very forum you're currently posting in then. There's a lot of posters who don't belong to either party. There was also a lot more policy and ideology discussion before Trump's non-stop insanity sucked the air out of all the politics discussions.

• Plus1 3
On 1/18/2021 at 5:54 AM, Notre Dame Joe said:

Says the most non-partisan person on the board.

Actually, there are some good discussions here about issues.  I started one the other day about the economy.  I'm sure there will be more once Trump is just a memory.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

You aren't looking at the very forum you're currently posting in then. There's a lot of posters who don't belong to either party. There was also a lot more policy and ideology discussion before Trump's non-stop insanity sucked the air out of all the politics discussions.

What level of debt to GDP ratio causes irreversible inflation?

• Plus1 2
non se·qui·tur
/ˌnän ˈsekwədər/

noun
noun: non sequitur; plural noun: non sequiturs; noun: nonsequitur; plural noun: nonsequiturs
  1. a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
    "his weird mixed metaphors and non sequiturs"
  • Plus1 3

4 hours ago, RedDenver said:

People can choose to not focus on Trump.  Unfortunately they choose to focus on Trump the person by their own free will instead of policy and idealist in general. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

People can choose to not focus on Trump.  Unfortunately they choose to focus on Trump the person by their own free will instead of policy and idealist in general. 

i chose to focus on trump because i thought he was a totalitarian who would never give up power...then behold what happened at the end of his term...he incited a crowd to sack the capitol and try to have himself installed as president even though he lost the election.   TDS is real....and it's his followers that have it.   

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 2