Censorship

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

People can choose to not focus on Trump.  Unfortunately they choose to focus on Trump the person by their own free will instead of policy and idealist in general. 

Archy,  I like discussing issues with you.  But, this is BS.

So, when we have a narcissistic idiot as a President that breaks laws and incites violence, we are just supposed to look the other way and say....oh...ha ha....see, he's a different kind of President?

That's BS.

I'm old enough to remember when Republicans actually even tried to act like character counts.

• Plus1 4
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Archy,  I like discussing issues with you.  But, this is BS.

So, when we have a narcissistic idiot as a President that breaks laws and incites violence, we are just supposed to look the other way and say....oh...ha ha....see, he's a different kind of President?

That's BS.

I'm old enough to remember when Republicans actually even tried to act like character counts.

Focus on what you want to focus on.  No one forces you to choose otherwise. 

• Plus1 1

On 1/18/2021 at 5:54 AM, Notre Dame Joe said:

I don't see many non-partisan policy discussions.  I don't think I've seen any take place on a sports message board. 

They happen with a fair amount of regularity, but we have a few too many people here that like to fight fire with fire. They see a criticism of Trump as an opportunity to point out a flaw with Democrats, and the vice versa happens a lot, too.

I don't think many people are generally as interested in non-partisanship as they claim. Take my father-in-law for example. Harps on politicians as a whole all the time. Thinks D and R parties should be dissolved. Thinks the two party system is a huge issue in America.

Same guy: only votes Republican and has spent the entire day today bemoaning how Trump lost, Biden's the president and everything is pretty much awful. Does that sound like someone genuinely interested in non-partisanship? No, it does not. He's sulking. That's the actions of a person who has a clearly defined 'side,' even though they claim to despite it.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Enhance said:

They happen with a fair amount of regularity, but we have a few too many people here that like to fight fire with fire. They see a criticism of Trump as an opportunity to point out a flaw with Democrats, and the vice versa happens a lot, too.

I don't think many people are generally as interested in non-partisanship as they claim. Take my father-in-law for example. Harps on politicians as a whole all the time. Thinks D and R parties should be dissolved. Thinks the two party system is a huge issue in America.

Same guy: only votes Republican and has spent the entire day today bemoaning how Trump lost, Biden's the president and everything is pretty much awful. Does that sound like someone genuinely interested in non-partisanship? No, it does not. He's sulking. That's the actions of a person who has a clearly defined 'side,' even though they claim to despite it.

Most self-described 'independents' are actually quite partisan. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Sounds good to me 

don't count on it being non-partisan

Charges Against Planned Parenthood Whistleblower Could Be Dropped (thefederalist.com)

David Daleiden of the Center For Medical Progress, who recorded Planned Parenthood executives conspiring to sell the body parts of aborted babies, may have a chance for charges against him to be dismissed after years of court battles in California.

The California attorney general at the time was Kamala Harris, a long time pro-abortion advocate who is now a U.S. senator and leading Democratic presidential candidate. She has received tens of thousands of dollars in political contributions from Planned Parenthood-affiliated entities. It was Harris who ordered the search warrant against Daleiden in 2016

• Plus1 1