Censorship

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So you thought the 2012-2016 was great for business and things were rolling along fine?

Actually yes. And I know a hell of a lot of other business owners that were very happy during that time.  

Quite honestly, I would love yo ho back to that era right now.  The last 12 months have sucked. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually yes. 

Sounds like your tune was different in Aug of 2016

BigRedBuster
  •  

Just going off my own experience in the business world. I don't think many people rally realize how bad things really were. 

Just looking at my own industry, we have had small gains in sales growth the last 4 years. So, companies cut, cut, cut to survive, then....yes, we started making money again but the market wasn't there still to warrant more hiring. 

Just this year our sales have finally taken a good jump. There are still companies not going well do it makes sense to go buy them.

•  

Can someone explain to me how a company should create jobs if the market isn't there to support those jobs?

One of the things I love about my job is hiring people. I absolutely love doing it. a) It means there is a need for more people which should imply we are doing well...and b) I love giving people jobs. I love the satisfaction of someone coming in that may not be in the job they want or maybe laid off and giving them an opportunity to be successful here.

BUT, there is absolutely no way in hell I can just go do that without a need for that person to be on the payroll.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

BigRedBuster
  •  

Just going off my own experience in the business world. I don't think many people rally realize how bad things really were. 

Just looking at my own industry, we have had small gains in sales growth the last 4 years. So, companies cut, cut, cut to survive, then....yes, we started making money again but the market wasn't there still to warrant more hiring. 

Just this year our sales have finally taken a good jump. There are still companies not going well do it makes sense to go buy them.

•  

Can someone explain to me how a company should create jobs if the market isn't there to support those jobs?

One of the things I love about my job is hiring people. I absolutely love doing it. a) It means there is a need for more people which should imply we are doing well...and b) I love giving people jobs. I love the satisfaction of someone coming in that may not be in the job they want or maybe laid off and giving them an opportunity to be successful here.

BUT, there is absolutely no way in hell I can just go do that without a need for that person to be on the payroll.

Maybe you need to include the link to those posts so we can see the context of the conversation. 

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe you need to include the link to those posts so we can see the context of the conversation. 

Is the economy really improving?

It’s kinda interesting too cause it’s directly after ZRod links to an article positing that Obama’s recovery was jobless for a good portion of the time when taking into consideration population growth.  Heck, even Knapp asks where the job creators are at

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s kinda interesting too cause it’s directly after ZRod links to an article positing that Obama’s recovery was jobless for a good portion of the time when taking into consideration population growth.  Heck, even Knapp asks where the job creators are at

Link?

10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ahhhh.....finally found the link in Your post to my posts.  As expected, you’re using my posts totally out of context to try to have a gotcha moment. However, anyone that goes back to that thread can see it’s an epic fail.  

the conversation was about creating jobs and back then, some people were mad that businesses weren’t hiring more people.  My explanation was that people didn’t realize how bad the economy was from 2007-2010. My point was that the economy had to come back quite a ways before companies started hiring again. Once it gets to a certain point, the hiring would happen. 

Funny thing is, that’s exactly what happened.  The economy got better and unemployment went down because companies needed more workers to fill demand.  That continued to happen from around 2010 or 2011 till recently. 

But, my posts don’t really say anything about if I thought the economic growth was great or not. I’ve long preferred slow steady growth to large swings back and forth.  We’ve had slow steady growth since the Great Recession ended.  

You worked really hard at this gotcha moment.  Sorry it failed.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

BigRedBuster
  •  

•  

Some interesting banned names in that thread. Thanks for reminding me! 

• Fire 1
11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually yes. And I know a hell of a lot of other business owners that were very happy during that time.  

Quite honestly, I would love yo ho back to that era right now.  The last 12 months have sucked. 

Confirmed: Buster is a pirate. 

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ahhhh.....finally found the link in Your post to my posts.  As expected, you’re using my posts totally out of context to try to have a gotcha moment. However, anyone that goes back to that thread can see it’s an epic fail.  

the conversation was about creating jobs and back then, some people were mad that businesses weren’t hiring more people.  My explanation was that people didn’t realize how bad the economy was from 2007-2010. My point was that the economy had to come back quite a ways before companies started hiring again. Once it gets to a certain point, the hiring would happen. 

Funny thing is, that’s exactly what happened.  The economy got better and unemployment went down because companies needed more workers to fill demand.  That continued to happen from around 2010 or 2011 till recently. 

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sorry it failed

It didn’t as it made my entire point about the Obama recovery.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It didn’t as it made my entire point about the Obama recovery.  

:movegoalpost:

Everyone on here can clearly see that you searched all the way back to 2016 for a post from me to have a gotcha moment. You tried showing that I wasn’t happy with the growth after the recession for which neither of these posts did because you failed to understand the context of the conversation.  

Sad thing is, you tried too hard and it didn’t do what you thought. So, yes, epic fail.  

• Plus1 2