Censorship

All social media platforms must essentially strike a balance between free speech/expression and public interest/safety, so I'll be interested to see the direction Twitter evolves. I'm not really convinced it's going to change significantly. I still think is more about Elon than anything else. He's going to do whatever suits his wealth and brand best.

People can virtue signal all day about the left being afraid of no longer controlling the narrative and that is what it is. Some liberals are freaking out, some conservatives are having a 'gotcha' moment. I think they're both being a bit silly but we'll see how things develop.

• Plus1 2

I was wrong. Musk wasn’t deployed by Putin. It was Xi! Oh and Bezos refers to Twitter as part of the town square. The same Bezos who owns the Washington Post.

“Interesting question. Did the Chinese government just gain a bit of leverage of the town square?" Bezos tweeted in response to a New York Times reporter who noted Tesla’s reliance on China for its large market and lithium batteries. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bezos-amazon-washington-post-launches-china-conspiracy-theory-musk-buys-twitter

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

All social media platforms must essentially strike a balance between free speech/expression and public interest/safety, so I'll be interested to see the direction Twitter evolves. I'm not really convinced it's going to change significantly. I still think is more about Elon than anything else. He's going to do whatever suits his wealth and brand best.

People can virtue signal all day about the left being afraid of no longer controlling the narrative and that is what it is. Some liberals are freaking out, some conservatives are having a 'gotcha' moment. I think they're both being a bit silly but we'll see how things develop.

I agree. 

there are people who think it shouldn’t be moderated at all. That would be a total s#!t show disaster. 

Also, if Elon all of a sudden allows everyone back on, the extreme wacko conspiracy people are going to test it to its limits…..then what?

Twitter, I’m sure, went too far with who they banned.  But, I still blame the group I described as the original problem. 

• Plus1 1

I have a Twitter account but I don't really use it.  Checked it out a little yesterday and loads of people seemed to be upset about Musk buying it, but were awfully vague as to why they were upset.  

It was like they were trying to make him the bad guy without really having a reason other than he's rich.  I guess being rich is bad now.

• Plus1 3